wy is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wy is it

why is it that us drinkers superiour inderviduals(except a little flaw) , decide to hurt our selfs, when loved ones hurt us? why does a bottle of gin and plenty of hours to go seem like the best idea?

why am i in so much pain, why do we love someone that cant even love them selfs?

:goodjob: clap clap, im not a alco, im fucked in the head!!!

I finally figured it out.

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

wy is it

Karl,

There are people that enjoy manipulating and hurting people. Think about it.

Comment

wy is it

i dont understand

Comment

wy is it

You're not alone there Karl. I don't think anyone one understands...it's the first thing that i am gonna ask the big guy...when I get to heaven.
        All I know is alcoholism is like diabetes to me ...once you have it, you must change your life style and learn how to live with it.
        I am learning to live a joyful productive AF life, but if i let AL in...I will be one sick...if not dead, person.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

wy is it

Karl1981;524868 wrote: i dont understand
          Maybe the GF is manipulating you? Then you beat yourself up with AL.

Comment

wy is it

Therin lies a problem my friend...we are not superior in any way, we are just trying to get by the same as the next person...only we might be more sensitve than most. Because we (alkies) are generally sensitve people we take possibly too much to heart. And once we feel hurt, we want to numb that hurt which we do so well with alcohol. But then the hurt is still there along with a myriad of other problems that make us hate ourselves even more.
            The first step is to stop drinking, and start trying to find a way to live in this world with all its imperfections. Not easy at all, but do-able and very worth it.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

wy is it

Floridaboy, u either read my previous post or are a smart cookie. yes my girl. but ex.
              i took a stand for the first time in my life. didnt do the nice guy thing. was harsh and too the point. enough screwing with my head, its now or never. i guess well see what happenes.. thanks florida boy.

evie: i know drinking is probally not the best thing to do in situations, but im scared, worried, and its all i know that could get me to for once in my life 'hold my ground' im not sure how to explain it, im a totally different person after a lot of drinks, maybe i can use it to my advantage this time? lay down the line to here and wait and see. nothing i have done in the past i always crack. could i use this alco 'Karl" to my advantage. after all its put me through hell sometimes,...

Comment

wy is it

starting: my beautiful friend. it all is probally not a good idea , but its the only idea i have.

Comment

wy is it

Karl,

I remember some of your other posts..I'm not THAT smart. :H

Comment

wy is it

Starty says it is a very BAD idea Karl...
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

wy is it

Karl ... I may be off base but I think at this point you're looking for an excuse to drink. I had a million of them. Each one sounded like a good idea at the time. But all drinking ever did for me was make my life harder. Think about it. Has drinking ever helped you out in any other way other than to forget the problems that you are having? The problems are still there whether you're drunk or sober. The difference is that when you are drunk, your guard is down and tend to make really stupid mistakes. Believe me, I cringe when I think of the mistakes I made when I was drunk.

SK
                      AF since 1/2009

Comment

wy is it

Skinned Knees;524950 wrote: Karl ... I may be off base but I think at this point you're looking for an excuse to drink. I had a million of them. Each one sounded like a good idea at the time. But all drinking ever did for me was make my life harder. Think about it. Has drinking ever helped you out in any other way other than to forget the problems that you are having? The problems are still there whether you're drunk or sober. The difference is that when you are drunk, your guard is down and tend to make really stupid mistakes. Believe me, I cringe when I think of the mistakes I made when I was drunk.

SK
                        :thanks: for the post.....been there too.

Comment

wy is it

Karl,

I have found that nearly all of my perceptions have changed, since I am off of al. Slowly, day by day, the entire picture changed. Alcohol is a depressant. It is only logical that when we use alcohol daily, things look bad & feel bad. When alcohol is out of our system, we can look at the same thing, person or situation, and it appears entirely different, better. Just my experience. Hugs to ya, buddy!
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

wy is it

Karl
                            We are all gifted people who have purpose, but we cannot find that purpose while we are drowning in AL. A therapist once pointed it out to me that whenever other people pissed me off, I would in turn, hurt myself. Make sense? I felt like a complete idiot because it was so true and rational.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

wy is it

There are some really good posts here. Startingover, what you wrote about numbing the pain with alcohol hit very close to home as did yours Skinned Knees about mistakes you made. Bestlife and Seacailin you make great points about how our perspective change entirely when we are no longer abusing ourselves with alcohol.

Karl, good luck to you. Wishing you the best as you grapple with drinking and your ex.

Comment

Working...
                              X