I want to drink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to drink.

I don't know why, but I feel like I want to drink. I wont today, but tommorro is Friday and I feel like if I feel like this tommorro Ill cave. Anyone else have the blah's this month. I know in my heart I don't want to drink. It wont be fun, I might piss off my husband, my kids don't deserve it. It just sucks cause I feel it coming on. I don't feel motivated lately, and thats not me. Ive come a long way since joining, now Im battling the "binge night" drinking once every one or two weeks. I want it all, to be completely AF. Its like I crawled out of a huge mud pit, but one foot is still stuck and I want it out. Thanks for listening.
    MM

I want to drink.

:l Montana!

Would it help you to think of AL as something you are allergic to? (This is my new angle.)
    You know, something you simply cannot do/have. You're allergic. It doesn't agree with you.

I'm sending good and strong vibes your way - you can get past today. And, I'll send more vibes tomorrow. 'Cause we're doing this ODAT, remember?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I want to drink.

Montana
      don't do it, I caved in these past 3 days and I'm paying for it today. Please try to do something else. Just think about how horrible you'll feel physically and emotionally. You'll feel bad that you let your family down like I feel today. I'll send positive vibes your way. Take care
      :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
      ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

I want to drink.

Hiya Montana,
        Oh yes, know that feeling very well..my suggestion is make a list of all the things you did when drunk to remind yourself of why you stopped. Then to balance it out, make another list of all the good things that happen and the way you feel sober.
        Thats what does it for me sometimes. This will pass, you just have to deal with this hump and you can you know.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I want to drink.

Thanks guys,
          I don't want to drink. I know what happens the next day. I wake up at 3am feeling guilty for real or imagined reasons, and then spend the whole day depressed and sick wondering why I let it happen again. Thank you for responding. It's got me on a new thinking trail. Do I really want to feel hopeless the next day. Ya know, now that I'm thinking a little different now, Im sure the "fun" alcohol commercials are gonna be all over tv tonight.
          MM

Comment

I want to drink.

Hang in there MM!

You are stonger than you think. You have come so far and are doing so well.

:l my buddy
            Ak
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I want to drink.

MM, make plans with your kids to go somewhere tomorrow. Make it something, some place where al would not work,

Hang in there !!
              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

I want to drink.

Montana - Go out to a movie or a basketball game or anything to get you out of the house and away from alcohol. Good idea about bringing the kids! I caved on Tuesday and had a MISERABLE night (after I fell asleep and then woke up) and following day. It just is NOT worth it. Get out and get some exercise - exhaust yourself physically.
                Good luck I know you can do it.

Comment

I want to drink.

Ill be back tommorro if I start feeling that way again. I read the bible and took a short nap and feel alot better now. (I actually knocked out-drool and all-for half an hour, wow). I hope you guys are doing good too. I know I want to be AF more than anything, but sometimes it sneaks up and bites me in the butt. Thanks everyone for being honest about your slips. You reminding me about the day after is a big help.
                  MM

Comment

I want to drink.

Sleeping is the very best MM, whenever I feel shaky I have a nap...if I can. It really does help, more than anything it rests my mind..I am going to try to learn to meditate, because I think that does the same thing.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I want to drink.

Hi Montana, I felt like that last weekend. I will admit that it was difficult but I didn't have a drink because I knew that the temporary relief would only be small. The guilt that I would have given in would have been bigger. I find drinking an energy drink helps - I drink sugar-free V drink or you could try red bull, and just one small can helps relieve my desperation to have a drink.

Comment

I want to drink.

Im gonna have to try the energy drink.
                        MM

Comment

I want to drink.

MM ... I had a very bad craving the other night. As a matter of fact, I just KNEW I was going to drink. I took it a little bit at a time. I would go do something (the dishes or whatever). When the craving was still there, I read my book. When it was still there, I went online to play games. It did pass and I didn't drink. I think what helps me, although I know I shouldn't be drinking it, but Coke. For some reason, it just helps me. I would rather drink Coke and stay sober than beer and go through all of that depression again. Hang in there! We'll help you get through it. :l

SK
                          AF since 1/2009

Comment

I want to drink.

Hey there Montana!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
                            Look forward to seeing you on here over the weekend - WIN against that bloody demon alcohol!
                            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

I want to drink.

I don't know how the hell I didn't drink tonight or smoke a cigarette. How long do I have to be miserable for in order to start feeling better. I'm OK with not having AL. I haven't been OK with not having Nic. Its like a double whammy. I have lost my Spouse and my Mistress. (I think Cigarettes were my Spouse and AL was my Mistress)

Whats next... Will I lose my Secretary called Caffeine? I can't live without my Secretary!
                              Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X