Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow.. where the hell did that come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'THOSE' thoughts... out of nowhere... and very persistent... no matter, I'm going to do something ELSE... anything else. I was going to go to the store (for groceries, that is) but I think that's a little too dangerous right now.

Maybe I need a nap.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Sunny, a nap will help, at least it always does me...just let it wash over you...it will you know...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

SS, You can wait it out, and those thoughts will go away! You're doing so great! And so, if you drink a glass of wine (yeah, like you'll stop at one!) What will you get. A brief, fleeting buzz, then you'll feel fuzzy brained and tired.

Nap? Good idea. Just go straight for the nap! Skip the stupid alc part! Waste of time and sobriety.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I know, I know... it's already a bit better.
        Just surprised the hell outta me... haven't had this happen in quite a while and certainly didn't expect it today.

Thanks guys. I just realized I do have to go out... it's ok.. I'll be good.

Comment

Back.
          Thanks Oney... it's just been a doozie of a week work wise and I'm fed up with everything. I spend way too much time thinking about NOT drinking or NOT smoking or NOT eating and feel like a loser, that's all. I'll get over it.

Oney, how are you doing today? Is the patch helping?

Comment

sunny hunny, you are NOT a loser! :h

You KNOW that. But I agree it is SO hard to always feel like I am obsessing about NOT drinking, thinking about NOT doing it, thinking about DOING it, on and on! It is emotionally draining.
            IT IS WORK!

Distract your self...bake something, that keeps hands and your mind busy, try and get lost in a good movie, or great book, of course come here for loving support and distraction...go for a walk if the weather in your area is cooperating :H....or if nothing else works, try to sleep through it!

It is definately hard to stay AF, BUT it is NOT impossible. YOU CAN DO THIS! I believe in you!
            And you are worth it!!! :h

Lots of hugs, and tons of support sunshine. :l :l
            You are not alone! We care...I care.

K
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

sunshine

I know what you mean. I felt like that one day last week. I got so sick of thinking, reading, posting about AL I thought I was going to lose it. I did just what you did. I got on line. After some encouraging words from you guys, I got a good mystery book and started to read it. After awhile I was fine. I'm sure you will be too. You've made it this far haven't you? Hope you feel better soon. :no!: aka: mary ann
              Starting over again
              ray:

Comment

Thanks guys.. thanks a ton :l

Eh... for whatever reason I'm just in a pissy mood this afternoon. Maybe I'll make something good to eat - f*ck the diet - and maybe I'll take a nap after - f*ck work.

Ya know what? I wonder... I stopped taking the Chantix... I wonder if this may be a side effect of weaning myself off? Has anyone else got any experience with quitting Chantix?

Hmmmm.... maybe I'm not quite as whacko as I think!

Comment

dont worry your not a whacko .. just a person that has too much on your plate ..
                  take it easy girl .. one thing at a time ..
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

in the immortal words of Homer Simpson: "d-oh! stupid brain!"
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey guys, just want to add that this is the perfect time to plug into the CD's. When I've felt that way before and just on the verge of giving in, I'd plug in and take a nice nap. By the time I woke up, the witching hour had passed and so had the stress that was pushing me to the edge.
                      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Sunshine,
                        I have to say, I've been following your posts and progress and I am very impressed. You are strong and although there are a lot of veterans (of AL) here with good advise, it is inspirational to see someone actually in the earlier stages being so strong. I am inspired.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

[I] Don't know Sunshine......I'm keeping my Zoloft...........Ha! IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

sunshine,
                            I hope you have been feeling better.
                            Are you still feeling odd. I have never taken Chantix, but I know when I quit Effexor I thought I was going mentally insane. :nutso: I am sure you could find some of my posts about it.
                            Anything that alters brain chemistry is going to be rough to stop taking, I think.

Big hugs to you! :l:h:l

K
                            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Yes Sunshine, I get it. It's like a whisper in the wind telling you that you may have gotten it all in control. That having one would be just fine. If that was the case, I guess none of us would be here. You appear to be doing quite well. Keep it up. The best days you wake up guilt free!!!!
                              AF since 2/4/10
                              Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                              FINALLY FREE

Comment

Working...
                              X