Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks

My wife took me out tonight to a club and I drank.

Doesn't she know I have a problem with Al?

Now I wanna go back to my old/fun life we had together!

Not going to happen.

Fuck Fuck Fuck.

I'll be fine just needed to get that off my chest.

Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Sucks

How much fun was your old life? Was it plagued with hangovers, shame and guilt?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Sucks

Hey Change
      Firstly you probably need to tell your wife that you have an AL problem so that she doesnt "take" you anywhere AL related at this stage in your recovery. Maybe not just yet but in time you will see that you can enjoy yourself even more than before by being fully present and not poisoning yourself with AL.
      BH.

Comment

Sucks

changemylife;554474 wrote: My wife took me out tonight to a club and I drank.

Doesn't she know I have a problem with Al?

Now I wanna go back to my old/fun life we had together!

Not going to happen.

Fuck Fuck Fuck.

I'll be fine just needed to get that off my chest.

Sorry Change, but your post made me smile- I had visions of your wife rolling you up into a plastic bag, shoving you in her pocket and taking you to a club- you do have a say in this you know!

"I don't fancy a club- shall we go for a nice meal, or how about having a takeaway at home?" would probably have worked wonders- a lovely night and no booze.

Maybe telling her you have decided to cut the drink out for a moment will help? I doubt she will mind?

Comment

Sucks

hi change,my wife has no problem with Al,but she recognised years a go,i did,did she complain,did you get loaded,or did you just have a few,i like many contimplate Al,every day,she cant control what you do,she cant even help you,have you sat down with her, and talked,do you think maybe treatment mite help you.maybe a councillor,there are a lot of questions to be answered,there are lots of options,i wish you well gyco

Comment

Sucks

I know myself, and I know my moods. Sometimes I have the urge to drink and stay home or keep myself busy. I decided to go out against my better judgemnet. I was kind of miserable in the beginning and then went to drunk. We had to wait at the bar for about 45 minutes for a table. I was buzzed before I even had the meal.

Bottom line. I'm angry with myself, not my wife. I went out because I felt bad for her. She had one drink all night. I had about 10.

The bottle got the best of me last night and now I have to start over.

sigpic

Comment

Sucks

Take hold of my hand and I will help pull you back up on the wagon...
              Self anger is not a productive emotion. Use it as a lesson well learned and decide what NOT TO DO next time.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Sucks

Thank You Evie.lou

I am feeling better now. Another lesson learned.

I feel like a child learning not to touch the hot stove.

sigpic

Comment

Sucks

Our wives say "no" to us often enough!

Take a lesson, Change...:H
                  ~Kid~
                  It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Sucks

I am having a very difficult time not drinking and smoking as I watch this country fall apart. Its at the point where I think they are intentionally destroying what I have worked so hard for!

sigpic

Comment

Sucks

Typical day three after over indulging. I feel Angry, Depressed, and Tired all rolled into one. I Am still NF and going AF for 2.5 weeks until I go away for a few days.

I wan to be on point before leaving on vacation.

sigpic

Comment

Sucks

I know that feeling Change, its a bugger isnt it? But at least you know what caused it and that it will go away. Plus you have a holiday (vacation) to look forward to.
                        Stay strong buddy

Comment

Sucks

Oh yes, I am three weeks free of nicotine, and although I dont feel too bad I have put on loads of weight, did you put on a lot?

Comment

Sucks

startingover;556452 wrote: Oh yes, I am three weeks free of nicotine, and although I dont feel too bad I have put on loads of weight, did you put on a lot?
                            :goodjob:

A few Pounds but I do not recommend doing what I did. I was miserable because I starved myself so I wouldn't put the weight on.

I do need to start eating better again!

sigpic

Comment

Sucks

Yes, I am trying to eat well, the funny thing is, I havent eaten LOADS more, but I have put on the weight...hate it being the vain creature that I am :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X