Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better off before?

Dear Bluespaces,

I am no expert here. But I felt that your post was like a poem, the way you wrote it and the feelings you expressed. I agree with everyone else's suggestions, but also, maybe you should write those feelings out, get them on paper or on your computer. I think you have a way with words that could help all of us. I could feel your feelings...

I wonder if a poetry thread would be helpful to us all? Just a way for us to get our emotions out there?

Crazy

Comment

better off before?

crazyforwine;562965 wrote: Dear Bluespaces,

I am no expert here. But I felt that your post was like a poem, the way you wrote it and the feelings you expressed. I agree with everyone else's suggestions, but also, maybe you should write those feelings out, get them on paper or on your computer. I think you have a way with words that could help all of us. I could feel your feelings...

I wonder if a poetry thread would be helpful to us all? Just a way for us to get our emotions out there?

Crazy
      The idea of writing is an excellent one. You seem have a knack for it, why not give 'er a go? That would definately be a way to fill time, as well as get your feelings out there. If all else fails, do as Karl mentioned, take a walk, and see where you end up. Notice things you haven't noticed before.....

What we are all doing and facing is tough, but so are we. Stay strong....you have been given a ton of excellent advice here.
      AF July 6 2014

Comment

better off before?

Blue,
        how are you feeling?
        Check in, let us know how you are doing.
        Did you find something to get you out of the house? A walk, a drive.
        Interacting with others will help with loneliness. Of course Is there some where
        in your community you can volunteer? It would help others,
        and in turn, would get you out AND feeling good about doing a good deed.

We care!
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

better off before?

thanks everyone, thanks so very much!
          i have begun to know in my heart that i want to be alive & sober...even when it's late at night and i'm alone.
          i thought it was fun after work to put on music, get on the internet and start drinking to unwind.
          at first i'd write poems & feel really inspired...like a party every night by myself.
          but it soon turned into a nightmare of blackouts and tears and bizarre emails i couldn't remember writing...that's the part i was forgetting. at times i woke up with cuts and bruises i didn't know how i got.
          i couldn't stop and i was totally addicted, unable to make it thru 24 hrs. without drinking.
          Cinders, you're right.
          It hurts.
          That's what i've got to keep remembering..not that first little temporary high.
          I'm trying to get back into my painting & drawing...and stargazing late at night when i'm alone.
          Also i went to an AA meeting last night.
          i was drinking out of pain, not joy.
          i'm AF for 25 days now and feel so much better! i get tempted but then remember how awful it really was.
          i pray i can stay sober & be in touch with what i really love to do in life.
          i really like MWO!

Comment

better off before?

P.S. you guys are right . i love to write poetry & have been writing since i was 12.
            i used to sell paintings since i was 14...these are things i'm starting to focus on again.
            a poetry group would be a good idea here i think.
            THANKS!
            love, Blue

Comment

Working...
            X