tooth through my lip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tooth through my lip...

oh god ... i woke up this morning with the biggest bruise on my nose... it has a big scratch on it and i have put my teeth straight through my lip.... i have no idea how i did until i found my glass table broken... fucking hell!!!!!!!! i had also left the gas on... this has got to stop or im gonna die... i need to hear some inspiring words... i feel so numb...

tooth through my lip...

Oh Sunshine, what a shocker. I think you need to deal with the injury first. I don't know what your circumstances are, but I just wanted you to know I've read your post and will help if I can. Others will follow. Should you go to the emergency room?

B
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

tooth through my lip...

Sunshine... I know that must have scared the heck out of you! I too broke a tooth as a result of tripping last year, but not b/c of AL. I tripped early one morning while stepping into the shower. Caught myself with my arm very hard, but managed to chip off a portion of my front tooth which "crumbled" into my bottom lip. My lip was brutalized. Four hours, six stitches and an ER visit later, I was on for a journey of Lumineers! The good side is, my teeth look better than ever now. At least your tooth did not break!

Injuries are really scary as a result of AL, especially when we do not remember having them. Let this be the wake up call you may need to have experienced so you can now move forward in a determined way. I know it is so painful to wake up to this, but it makes you wonder how many nights we have drank to the same extent and not injured ourselves? Let is scare you in a healthy way and do your best to not let self-condemnation take over, but rather a renewed sense of determination to make the changes you know you can.

Tomorrow is a new day.
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

tooth through my lip...

oh thankyou guys... yes i was drinking alone... how pathetic!!!!!!!! i am going to take myself to a doctor now... im gonna see if he can give me naltrexone aswell ... thankgod nothing worse happened.. i think my face is going to be bruised as hell but i think i needed this wake up call.... i will keep posting because it helps me so much.... thankyou

Comment

tooth through my lip...

Sunshine - glad you're going to the doc, I was worried. Let us know what happens.

Bx
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

tooth through my lip...

sunshine09;575478 wrote: oh thankyou guys... yes i was drinking alone... how pathetic!!!!!!!! i am going to take myself to a doctor now... im gonna see if he can give me naltrexone as well ... thank god nothing worse happened.. i think my face is going to be bruised as hell but i think i needed this wake up call.... i will keep posting because it helps me so much.... thankyou
            I am glad that you are OK and nothing worse happened to you. I can't tell you how many times I have drank myself to oblivion while being alone. I remember waking up one morning and my left ear was completely black! I had hit the night table while trying to get into bed (or I think it was from that). Another time I awoke to find a cigarette that had burnt itself out on the carpet in the living room.

There are probably numerous other things that have happened that I can't recall off hand.

You are not pathetic by any means. I am glad that you are seeing a doctor. Sometimes it takes a scary reality of what could have happened to realize how serious the problem is. :l

Comment

tooth through my lip...

Lots of hugs Sunshine, I hope you feel better soon. I bet it scared you half to death when you saw the table! You are one lucky gal! Glad you're going to the doctors and I hope you recover quickly. I've smashed a few wine glasses in my day (usually at friends places) - but never a table. That must have been a hell of a fall.

Let us know how you're doing okay?

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

tooth through my lip...

consider this your wake up call!!!

let us know how we can help you stay awake

peace

Comment

tooth through my lip...

higuys just got back from docs.. i look like my fella smacked me up!!!!!!!! mouth mouth is a tad mutilated...arrgggg!!!!!! i asked him about naltrexone and he wouldnt give it to me...dammit! i really think that will be my answer..i hope so anyway.. will get it on line... has anyone tried it????????
                  oh by the way , my fella said we could have blown up last night... i cant believe i left the gas on... and i cant believe i didnt do worse damage to my face... i could have bled to death i cut my eyes .... to think my face broke the table!!!!!!! and i cant remember it!!!!!!
                  thankyou guys for your support.... i really appreciate it.....

Comment

tooth through my lip...

ouch...

so nice to wake up today without a hangover... i ordered my naltrexone yesterday and have booked to see a homeopath today aswell as getting a clairvoant reading...
                    yesterday scared the hell out of me so im making big changes...
                    i just want to say how supported i feel with all your guys help... almost like i have a big bro or sis helping me through this..... so thankyou from the bottom of my heart... much love and light to you all....:h:h

Comment

tooth through my lip...

Good luck to you sunshine. The healing has begun. Stay on the journey.

ALLIE!...you have become a SAGE. You sound so great. I am so glad. luv~C~

Comment

tooth through my lip...

good luck sunshine, I've not quite had the wake up call you've had but I'm getting close... I just hope like you, mine rescues me and doesn't kill me, stay strong it sounds like you've turned the corner xxx

Comment

tooth through my lip...

claudia3;577056 wrote: good luck sunshine, I've not quite had the wake up call you've had but I'm getting close... I just hope like you, mine rescues me and doesn't kill me, stay strong it sounds like you've turned the corner xxx
                          i hope it doesnt kill you either ... learn from me!!! i feel as though i have turned a corner... sat up since 4 am looking at my life and the shambles it was in.... there were alot of tears!!!!! but ia few people had struck a chord with me and i realize im going to need to put in some serious effort here... it is my goal to be happy , healthy and drinking in either mod or al free... still waiting to see if mods an option... (getting naltrexone soon)..... good luck sweetie... and thanks to everyone for your support...

Comment

tooth through my lip...

Sunny, I'm just catching up on the threads I missed last week while I was away. How familiar your story sounds! I won't tell you all my war tales, but the last one left me with a permanent, painful limp. I truly hope you've found your inspiration and don't get anymore booze bruise problems. Glad to see your mind is on the right path!
                            Rubes
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

tooth through my lip...

Claudia, You don't have to wait for a wake-up call . Just knowing that it's coming is enough. Good going Sunshine. I'm praying for all of us. I'm not a religious person, but I've been talking to a lot of clouds and trees today!!

Comment

Working...
                              X