need to try again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to try again

:new: Hi everyone . From what i,ve read so far ,naltrexone looks like it may be an answer .Have tried aa , 12 steps over and over and done all suggested over and over(10 years over and over) with only more guilt more shame. Although it did lead me to God ,very gratefull for that but just absolutely no success in stopping the madness, guilt ,shame , trouble etc etc that my binge drinking causes . Tried all other methods suggested as well over last 20 years. As it stands I would dearly love to die , but the guilt of leaving two kids behind just wont let me. So to try naltrexone is next for me. I have found that abstinence is not an option for me ,for whatever reason. So if i can get some damage control while here on earth , that would be lovely!!!!!! Can any one direct me to somewhere i can get Nal in adelaide Australia? Good luck all.

need to try again

How old are your kids? Al has a way of making us so depressed that we want to die. Please read my PM to you.
    Hold on tight.
    Jessie.
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

need to try again

Welcome LL - Whatever and however you're feeling now, you're not the only one - you're not alone in this struggle. I haven't used Naltrexone so don't know how effective it is so good luck with that if you go that route.

There are many great tips and suggestions on how to 'arm yourself' and really aim to beat this thing which has eaten away at so many of our lives. There's a 'tool box' thread in Monthly Abstinence which is a great resource, and I found reading, reading, reading here really helps for support, inspiration, ideas, confirmations, etc. There's a spiritual thread too which you may find of interest. I truly hope that with this site, as well as any other support network you can find plus your own inner strength, you will find the combination that will help you regain control of your life and carve out a new future for yourself and your family. You deserve it - you are a unique and special individual with the possibility of a future ahead of you that you can shape and mould anew - sober and free from alcohol.

It CAN be done! but you have to believe it - get armed with whatever you can lay your hands on - the book, the CDs, the medication and get an action plan in place - look beyond the alcohol at the life you want to reach, the life you want to live, for and with your children - what changes can you put in place for when you have stopped drinking and you're rebuilding your life? - excercise is a key for many - not only does it give you something to do other than drink, it gets the endorphins going and can help you feel better sooner! Try the 30 day abstinance to get alcohol out of your body (as recommended by the programme) - it gives the body time to get over the initial shock of no alcohol, and gives you time for thought, reflection and the space to then decide how you want to continue. If 30 days seems too daunting, some people take it one day at a time, Personally I needed the 30 day commitment - just taking it one day at a time meant I needed to make a new decision and commitment each day which just meant more negotiating and stress!

Please keep posting and reading - we're here 24/7 so :welcome: and good luck!
      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
      Goals:
      Days 1-7 DONE
      Days 8-14 DONE
      Days 15-21 DONE
      30 days DONE
      60 days
      100 days

Comment

need to try again

Hey LL, I have cuzzy's in adelaide - beautiful city.

nal does look great - I'm not sure if RiverPharmacy dleivers to Aus though...I wouldn't trust customs here in NZ.
        Anyway, if you'd like you can join us on The Next Day Thread in general...there's lots of Aussies& Kiwis there which helps as it's in your timezone, for fellowship...and maybe some answers.

Comment

Working...
        X