Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detoxing over here ...

DoDo
    Believe me, if I can get sober time, anyone can! You will too. MWO does feel safe, I agree. Hope you post on the Topa forum and let us know what happens with the Topamax; real interested.
    Following this Baclofen stuff with real close attention guys.
    KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

Hi Kayla, I'm taking campral, it does work when we stop drinking, the only thing is it has no affect when we start to drink. I am only on my second day af. I'm going to AA and trying the cognitive behaviour approach. Best of luck.

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

How are you doing today? Feeling any better?
        Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

Kayla,

Just FYI, my understanding is that Campral is not processed by the liver, which makes it a great alternative. There are several Campral threads on this site...I have used it and found it very helpful, and there are minimal side effects for most people. Just a thought!

Ann

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

Checking in to say that I'm on day 4 ... and feeling so much better. Only one valium so far today - not so many symptoms - and most critically, my head's in a whole other place. I am SO doing this. I want sobriety. Personally, I won't be moderating. Just for the record.

Willing to try whatever it takes this time, even if it takes a whole mix of things ... had some PM contact with a friend I made on these boards last yr, so helped ... and actually feel like the combo of all this ... the support, the determination, the accountability to my counsellor, the willingness to try SMART, AA, exercise, supps, the smoothie I had for lunch just now (instead of wine) ... and a few days up my sleeve ... has got me feeling really motivated.

Lots of work to do I know. But bottom line, I want a life more than I want a drink.
            Thank you all x
            KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

Hiya Kayla. Keep it up, AND HOLD THAT THOUGHT! p.s. Get some lemon juice into ya. It's a good, cheap tonic for the liver.
              Best wishes............G-Force.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

Hi G-force
                The bloody lemon juice! Now I remember. Great for the liver ... heading straight to the kitchen ...
                KAYLA

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

we're at that stage of life

Hi Kayla, CONGRATS on getting thru home detox. I'm planning on going through that this weekend. I too am a woman in my mid-40s and know that I gotta do it this time. My body is giving out, and the alcohol has such a grip on me like never before! drink morning noon and until passing out for 12 hrs, then back at it. Driving drunk, got caught a year ago injured my knee severely 2mos ago stumbling around drunk; reinjured it again last week same way.

I'm in the USA, so NO health insurance coverage unless you have a job, or are married to someone who has a job. so won't be getting knee surgery! every morning I swear it will be different, and literally 2 hrs later at the most am hitting the vodka.... and then just don't stop. staving off the shakes and reality and everything

appreciate all the advice found here. I'm planning on GABA, L-Glut, B-complex, lotsa fluids - the soup sounded good -- and the lemon juice. I hope you make it this time, Kayla. very best thoughts and prayers to you
                  Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

Puddytat
                    Loved the pic - cat lover at this end - I have two gorgeous moggies!
                    Thinking of you with the detox coming up. Hard to be in the US without good health cover. My husb is from California originally and we lived there 2 yrs so I well remember that getting sick there is not what you want.
                    I am through the detox - and on day 7 now. Had a small amt of valium for days 2, 3 and 4 but that's gone now. I realised that I did need that in the end. I think it was Gyco that alerted me that this is indeed serious stuff we're dealing with here. I reminded myself to be kind to me and followed all the above suggestions. Get a walk in when you feel able - lots of good breathing. Rest. Keep stress levels low. Supportive friends close by.

And check in here with us. It's helped me immensely this week. Sending some good energy your way x
                    KAYLA

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

Kayla - great job. I am very proud of you! I know you had so much on your plate with your mom, etc. You should be so proud of yourself too! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration!
                      AF since - 5/24/09
                      edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

Detoxing over here ...

I can't say enough about vitamin B-12. My doc wanted me to have daily injections, even almost a year after I quit drinking, but I talked her into 3 tabs a day and it has given me SO much energy. At some point, everyone should try to get fasting bloodwork and find out where they stand damage wise, so you can be sure you are making the correct repairs and you are taking the things that help the most with craving!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                        X