Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid, Maybe?

is there a doctor in the house here?
    i have a toenail fungus, would I ever get that?
    being on my feet for hours, regardless if i wear fresh socks, i thought i hit my
    big toe and it was a dead nail.
    well today i used a magnifying glass to see a discloured big toe nail???

* i showed auntie who is 82, she said, yep its FUNGUS?>
    your body is lacking something?

* never had foot probs? i read vinegar can balance the PH?

i am concerned, learning as i age.

:thanks:
    An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Stupid, Maybe?

ewwww Irene..sorry but toenails and me are so not on...I have read soaking your feet in tea helps with that sort of thing
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

KatieSmiles;696109 wrote: ewwww Irene..sorry but toenails and me are so not on...I have read soaking your feet in tea helps with that sort of thing
      Tis ewwwww!!!
      just that ONE BIG TOEY!!!
      dug in there with a paper clip to remove lint.
      and now ~ the entire nail is yellow, purple and pink.

no joke, it hurts like holy hell!

makes me wonder WHY, i must be loaded with Yeasties?>

HELP. i need a NEW TOE Nail.

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

Hi Iirine,

First things first - I am not a doctor nor am I offering medical advice. Having included this disclaimer, this is what I know:

You can get toenail fungus (onychomycosis) from many places. All it takes is for a few fungal spores to land at the right place at the right time. There really isn’t any good non-prescription treatment for toenail fungus of which I am aware. There are (in the U.S.) over-the-counter nail lacquers that may help fingernail fungus. Unfortunately toenails, because of their thickness and slow growth, do not respond well to topical medications.

There are prescription medications which will cure (usually) toenail fungus but it takes a long time and I would not prescribe them to someone who drinks very much alcohol as the antifungal medications can be toxic to the liver in the best of circumstances, let alone heaping alcohol into the mix – and God forbid you throw in Tylenol for the hangover!!!

I think it best to counsel folks with toenail fungus to live with it if they can – use polish, etc. If they can’t live with it for what ever reason, I would suggest prescription treatment – with the standard warnings about potential liver damage and avoidance of AL and Tylenol when they take the meds.

E-

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

Irene, I am not a doctor either but I have seen this cure work in a friend who had a bad case of it (on just her big toe, too)! Buy some Vicks Vapor Rub, available at any drugstore, and apply it once or twice daily. You may lose the infected part of the toenail as the old yukkiness is replaced with the new, healthy nail, but this treatment will work over a few month's time.
          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

I don't take Tylenol or Aspirin.
            No hangovers.
            So, anyone can get this? i thought maybe circulatory related?
            The Vicks sounds hopefull.
            Yesterday i noticed the other BT is changing color.
            Your information is helpful.
            Planning on seeing a foot doctor, and yes the Nail will need to go.
            its sooo 'yuckoo' having this problem.

:thanks:everyone.

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

what you mentioned about vinegar and ph I think I can provide some insight I used to have trouble with foot fungus and I learned from a health practitioner is that fungus can only live in an acid condition you can take calcium to decrease the acidity of your body you can also get ph test strips from most health food stores Ultimately you want your body to be at a ph balance of 6.5 hope this is of some help

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

~iirene~;697379 wrote: I don't take Tylenol or Aspirin.
                No hangovers.
                So, anyone can get this? i thought maybe circulatory related?
                The Vicks sounds hopefull.
                Yesterday i noticed the other BT is changing color.
                Your information is helpful.
                Planning on seeing a foot doctor, and yes the Nail will need to go.
                its sooo 'yuckoo' having this problem.

:thanks:everyone.
                Yep - anyone can get it. I've seen it in kids. You can try all the home remedies that you want - can't hurt (except maybe your wallet). Seeing a foot doctor is a good idea!

E-

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

Elpis, you are a caring person.
                  my toe thing i worry about.
                  it does feel uncomfortable at times.
                  really i thought it to be a health issue.
                  yet it is, in a way.

I am concerned.

if i can get my arse to the doctor, have GOOD insurance.

getting there is another story. 'lazy'

Thanks so much.

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

Home Remedies to Treat Toenail Fungus
                    The moment you notice any symptoms of toenail fungus you can follow certain home remedies that will prove very effective in eliminating the spread of the fungus before it spreads. Toenail fungus is contagious, so the sooner you eliminate the fungus, the better.

Following are some home remedies that use commonly available ingredients to stop the growth of the fungus and eventually eliminate it.

Vinegar
                    Fill a basin with warm water and vinegar in equal proportion (any vinegar will do, but apple cider vinegar has proven more effective). Soak your toenails in this solution for about 20 minutes. Wipe your toes and toenails thoroughly with a dry towel and then with super absorbent paper. This should be done twice daily till symptoms disappear.

Tea Tree Oil
                    The uses of tea tree oil are many. Tea tree oil is a natural and powerful fungicide and antiseptic. Rub the affected toenail/s with a cotton ball dipped in tea tree oil. Do this twice daily, morning and just before going to bed (three times if possible) for maximum effect, until the fungus is gone.

Listerine
                    Almost all homes will have this mouthwash. Soak the affected toenail/s in Listerine for about 20 minutes twice daily. The antiseptic will help eradicate the fungus.

Rubbing Alcohol
                    Rubbing alcohol is easily available at any pharmacy. Soak the affected toenail/s in rubbing alcohol for about 20 minutes twice daily (morning and just before going to bed). Dry thoroughly using super absorbent paper towels.

Hydrogen Peroxide (3%)
                    Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) is easily available at any pharmacy. Soak the affected toenail/s in pure hydrogen peroxide (3%) for 20 minutes twice daily (morning and just before going to bed). Some may feel the pure undiluted solution a bit harsh. Mix half water and half hydrogen peroxide and soak feet. Dry with super absorbent paper towel.

Vicks Voporub
                    The efficacy of using Vicks for treatment of toenail fungus is not very clear. Many have found that using Vicks on the affected toenail/s has helped, and many have found no benefit. Vicks is known to stop the growth of the fungus, not eliminate it. You will have to use Vicks until the infected toenail grows out and a new one replaces it. Generally, it is advisable to try the other options instead of this one.

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

My vote is for the hydrogen pyroxide..I use it for all things " infected "

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

Katie, i thought too about Tea Tree Oil.
                        Good info posted. Thank YOU!
                        Day off tomorrow, time to take care of Major toe!

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

I had this before and was told by a primary care doctor that there was little you could do about it. There is a prescription med but as I recall it only works for some types of fungus.

A pedicurist at a nail salon I went to recommended a solution sold at a salon and I used it and it went away over time.

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

Irene - Trim the nail down and file the thickness somewhat. Then use either vinegar, Vapo-Rub, Listerine, tea tree oil or some other topical antifungal (such as Miracle of Aloe Anti-fungal, found at drugstore or Bed Bath&Beyond of all places!) twice daily. You have to be super-diligent about this, and it may take up to a year. (Based on info. from People's Pharmacy). Good luck!

Comment

Stupid, Maybe?

Check out the website of Doctor Dean Edell. I know he has had this topic on his radio show many times and everyone seems to have a home remedy for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X