• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies--What's your story?

Hi Piper,
    I'm another one :H
    No husband here to ask any questions, so I just carry on regardless:H
    I've been more successful at minimising my acohol consumption since I joined this site, than any other time in my life (despite a few slip ups)
    Good luck and keep posting.
    Bridget.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Welcome Piper.
      I've only just now come across your introduction post. How are you doing with staying AF?
      This place has a wealth of information, caring, supportive people and a non-judgemental atmosphere that has been a life saver for me while I work on getting my life back, and work on becoming a non drinker.

I sure hope to see you around the boards :l
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hello Piperdance and all,
        I am also new, and reading here is motivating me enormously. I think this 'group' could be the support I need. My children are now early twenty something, I live alone as divorced so there is no one watching me which I think has made this 'problem' so much easier to develop. I don't have to hide anything at home but I essentially do hide. Though all of us do wonder what family and friends do have their suspicions when there are lots of cancelations and less socializing... let's keep up.

Comment

:welcome: piper and all the rest here who have decided to give there life a new start :goodjob: you are with a good strong community who will give advice and support with no judgements what so ever,keep posting and read as many threads as you can,it is very interesting reading and can help lots :thanks:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
          X