Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tried, and did well...then, it seems I stopped trying!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my last drink on Friday Novemember the 20th 2009 after 8 straight days of hard drinking and I felt EXACTLY like Crybaby does now.

*Hopeless
    *Depressed
    *Guilty
    *Ashamed
    *Lonely
    *Full of Anxiety

A person HAS to start thier soberiety SOMEWHERE and SOMETIME, no matter how many of the above feelings you have if they want any hope for sobriety.

When I finally quit, it was NOT easy but I knew it was something that I had to do.

I decided to seek help and now I see a addiction councelor 1x a week, read the big book, and soon, I'll be making my way back to AA. I gotta tell you that only after 2 weeks of being sober, I feel MUCH better about myself and where im headed with my sobriety.

Get thru the first week and life gets better, but you have to WANT IT in order for it to even remotely work.

Comment

well done billyjack wishing you well in your new life. keep posting and letting people know how your getting on. you may help yourself and us. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I deleted the rubbish I posted last night.
        sorry,
        good luck, keep trying

Comment

Hi
          Hope you resisted the offy last night, having no AL in the house makes it so much easier to resist.
          Good luck.:lHow are you doing?

Comment

CRYBABY,
            You CAN do this, but its going to take a litle effort and work on your behalf too.

Look here my friend, I felt the SAME as you did about 2 weeks ago, if you STOP now and seek the assistance that the good folks in here are telling you about, you CAN get thru this.Do NOT attempt this journey BY YOURSELF, you will set yourself up for FAILURE. You must beleive me,because im an expert at self failure.

Im not PERFECT now, but I AM feeling ALOT better about myself and the direction that im headed for a AL free life. And guess what? Its only two weeks that I've been SOBER.

You can do it-----believe me:l

Comment

Working...
            X