I want a Glass of Wine!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Hidden, I dont have much to add but just wanted to add my support to you.
    I hope you managed to hang in there and things look brighter today.
    T4C day three is a toughie all right, I found it really hard, but yes, it will get easier.
    Good luck to both of you.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hi hidden and t4c, how are you today,keep posting and hanging on here,share your thoughts and feelings it all helps .you are not alone.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

hi everyone, i know that feeling so well i am on day 4 and really feel i deserve a drink tonight as a reward for the last few days crazy, not going to tho, have got bac but dont like to take it, how much do you take? stay strong were all here together. Tawnywitch
        Twitch

Comment

Hi HG- I may have come in here a day too late- I hope you didn't drink... It's funny how the alcohol will try to find it's way back to you like you are the host and it is the parasite- we seem to find a reason to drink again or like Tawny said- you feel like you" deserved" it-it lures you in-it finds an excuse for you to succumb like a little demon coaxing you over to its side. Those bills are better handled by a sober brain. That was good that you saw the problem and jumped on here- I hope you are okay.
          Luv, Fluff
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change,
            The courage to change the one I can,
            and the wisdom to know it's me.
            Love this DG...It's perfect! Sorry to hijack the thread, I just found this so true. HG, I hope you turned down the invite from the glass of wine, and did something nice for yourself instead.

R2C
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
            :h

Comment

Hidden, don't make my mistake, I had the "screw it" moment too, and I posted about it on the Jan. Pact thread.....I wish I'd have made a better choice when I was hurting from 2 falls in a day, and having a pity party, and I blew it....I sure wish I hadn't, because I was on a roll, drinking makes EVERYTHING WORSE NOT BETTER....have Campral coming in today and going to councelor here that specializes in alcohol addiction to arm myself with the most tools I can to not fall off again! I'm determined! Hang in there!
              "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Overwhelmed by your goodness

Hello everyone, I am fine. I was really stressed. And I have been on that busyness track this week.....no time to take of the details. I just got on here for the first time and whoa!, this place works! I am 'verklempt' by all the support and encouragement received. What a collecion of goodness...I took the risk of saying 'help' and it was there - that is something very foreign to me. I have to digest that awhile.

I did have 2 glasses of Port, like right before bed...I had made it through the rough part and just caved at the last moment. Should have just gone to bed. but I am not going to rack myself over hot coals or spikey rugs/ I am just back at it.

Thank you all for giving me a little more faith than I had yesterday :h

Hidden

Comment

Okay then- it was what is was-so keep on forging ahead! Tally ho-and all that!
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I am also battling my Friday "demons." But they are not going to win. I am going to push through AF. YES WE CAN!

Comment

hiddengoal;790632 wrote: Hello everyone, I am fine. I was really stressed. And I have been on that busyness track this week.....no time to take of the details. I just got on here for the first time and whoa!, this place works! I am 'verklempt' by all the support and encouragement received. What a collecion of goodness...I took the risk of saying 'help' and it was there - that is something very foreign to me. I have to digest that awhile.

I did have 2 glasses of Port, like right before bed...I had made it through the rough part and just caved at the last moment. Should have just gone to bed. but I am not going to rack myself over hot coals or spikey rugs/ I am just back at it.

Thank you all for giving me a little more faith than I had yesterday :h

Hidden
                      So what will you do differently next time that urge hits?

(just nudging you to think about it! )

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I can totally relate to wanting a glass of wine!

Hi there, I am new to this forum but when I read what you wrote, I could totally relate! I am 5 days AF and tonight I was so stressed re: bills and just plain old life, that I kept saying to myself, "If only I had a glass of wine, I would be dealing with this so much better", which is kind of the problem. My husband was supportive and convinced me to distract myself and I got through it. I can't believe how hard this is, and it just really confirms to me that I have been using 2-3 glasses of wine to deal with stress about money, bills, etc. and I have become so psychologically dependent. It is a real relief to hear that you and other people are going thru the same thing, so thanks for your posting. Keep up the good work!:new::new::H:new:

Comment

Do engage yourself in some physical activities like sports or go to gym..
                          Eat a lot have some hot soups as some of the friends who suggested in this thread.
                          we are here to help you out.
                          Take care.

Drug Rehab

Comment

marymn;797690 wrote: Do engage yourself in some physical activities like sports or go to gym..
                            Eat a lot have some hot soups as some of the friends who suggested in this thread.
                            we are here to help you out.
                            Take care.

Drug Rehab
                            Seems we have a cuckoo in the nest
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

how do we get rid of that?
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

have a shot of apple cider vinegar, I am serious, it will take the edge away and it's good to balance your body PH.
                                I have been sober for about the same amount of time. clearing my system. those stupid bottles of wine ain't gonna get me and they won't get you either.
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X