Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What now?

Hi,

Many of you know from chatting that I have been waiting to get into detox and rehab.
    Today I had the shakes and throwing up and sweating......so packed a bag and headed to ER. The original plan was to get a neighbour to drive me but he was out so my 19 yo son and me caught a cab to the train station.......however I got scared of being on a train for 30 minutes where there might not be any help so my son called an ambulance.
    The ambos and triage nurses were great but I was sent into the waiting room - I had stopped throwing up. I was told NOT to drink anything when I asked for water .
    I sat and waited for 4 hours and eventually was seen by an intern who gave me one 5mg diazepam and sent me home with two more.
    It isn't big city hospital and apparently there is no one from the Drug and Alcohol unit there on the weekends and the residential unit they use is a few suburbs away - the intern didn't even attempt to ring them as see if I could be transferred.
    local doctors I have seen are hopeless. he facility I have been waiting can't take me as an urgent case.
    I'll contact the drug and alcohol tomorrow as that is Monday here........just wanted to vent.
    " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

What now?

Oh honey...I am so sorry....I dont even know what to say....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

What now?

well willow you try and you still have a plan to go into rehab .. so just try and stay in control and do what you can to stay busy and keep checking in here at the site.. you will make it thur this girl
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

What now?

keep to your plan willow, we all know its so hard at the start, but it will get easier,As tirgs says keep posting and sharing your thoughts, you are not alone...

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

What now?

G'day Willow,
          Best wishes with the detox queue. Can any of the local hospital's do an outpatient style detox for you till a rehab place is available? Hang in there. If you ever want to chat or vent in the meantime, feel free to p.m. me if that might help.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

What now?

Hi Willow,
            Yes, I was also wondering if you could get into a hospital detox before you go to rehab? Sorry, you are suffering so.....but, keep to your plan and make this your last rehab!! You are such an interesting, smart woman....your life can and will be fabulous without the demon AL!!

xxx Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

What now?

tomorrow morning

I have printed of NSW health guide for GPs to supervise home detox and I am going to the best of three that I can get into here first thing in the morning with it and a note the intern gave me which is addressed to the rehab I want to get into but it describes how I was.....sorry forgot to mention that before.
              I left the hospital feeling what is the use these docs don't take notice, well tomorrow he WILL.
              I am taking Adam with me too! So I have witness and moral support.
              Apart fom Diazepam I have everything recommended, multi vitamins and thiamine and I have Campral but there is no point starting to take that until day 3 or 4 AF
              Thank you all for your support.
              Love
              " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

What now?

Oh Willowfrond,

How frustrating all of this must be for you. It sounds to me like you're doing everything you possibly can and I know what it's like to be in the spot where physically a person needs alcohol yet the alcohol is making things worse. I've been there and done that. It isn't easy. Good luck tomorrow and I do hope you can get the help you need. In the meantime, just hang in there, ok?

AD

Comment

What now?

Sorry you're having such a time, willowfrond. Try to keep your chin up and stay with your plan.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

What now?

Just sending my positive thoughts your way Willow! Hang in there and let us know how you're doing.
                    xoxo
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

What now?

One of the issues here is that librium can be quite dangerous, especially if someone might drink on it. That is why Drs are very reluctant to hand it out. A lot of people with AL problems are also in-and-out of hospital willy nilly including a fair number who really don't want to give up. Result is it isn't practical to just start admitting everyone who presents with the shakes.

Makes things difficult for genuine people but you can see the problem here.

Comment

What now?

Willow, I am so very sorry you are going through all this. I have been out of the chatroom for a little while, but last time I talked to you, you were suppose to go that week. I am praying that you get in there in the next day or two. I love you, girl and you're gonna make it through all this and be so much stronger when you get out! Best of luck and love to you! Vicki
                        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

What now?

Hey Willow, I am sorry that you had to go through all of that, it must have been dreadful. I was thinking about you. Hang in there.
                          Hill
                          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

What now?

To let you all know...
                            I spoke with Willow a few nights ago. She made some calls & got herself a place on a 5 day detox!
                            Also, she had got one day AF under her belt on her own, with son's support.
                            How about we post her some home-coming messages?

Willow I'll always remember that last chat when I 'listened' to you pour that last cask down the drain!!!
                            You have been so courageous & patient. It's so good to see you start to shine..!
                            Welcome Back xxx
                            :sun:

Comment

What now?

I'm so glad for her as she sounded so determined and desperate to get AF.

Comment

Working...
                              X