hi again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi again

It's been almost a year. I posted to this site daily. It was helping a lot.
    I began last summer (I'm off work for 9 weeks) and tried to solve my alcohol problem.
    It was going pretty well (I thought) until October when I injured my back very severely.
    Started on heavy duty pain killers........and of course alcohol.
    My husband decided to have elective shoulder replacement surgery a week before Christmas (jealous of my medical problems?) and well......ended up in ICU with kidney failure. Then~ in January had the whole thing re-done due to infection!! Whamo! another deductible and co-pay!!
    Guess what? he's laid off the end of March!!
    We both now are addicted to pain killers and alcohol.......what do I do?

I want to stop but don't know how. I wake up every morning saying to myself "this is the last time"

I have a 2 yo grandson that I adore...please some advice.

hi again

Hi Franzia,

I'm not sure how things work over where you are, but get on that phone and try every welfare type agency you can to find out what help there is out there. Also, ring around all the detox centres etc that might be free or low cost. Can you also talk to your doctor - the ones who did the surgery and ask for referral for painkiller issues/addiction. It is REALLY common believe me for sufferers of chronic pain.

Be prepared for some unpleasant or unsympathetic people on the phone, remember you are anonymous, make those enquiries. You might have to make 10 calls to get one GOOD result.

You are on a mission now to save your lives and spending a day on the phone and praying to find the right person or organisation to help you is the best thing i can think of. You never know what might turn up.

You have found a good place here with many good people so post a bit here and there to let everyone know you are back - hook up with old friends.. there is plenty of support here.

Virtual Hugs

Comment

hi again

Welcome Franzia and Raj,

Franzia....I would definitely talk to your doctor....or if you don't feel comfortable...try to find an alcohol and drug therapist nearby. I did this after my family confronted me and it was the beginning of positive changes for me. Also, READ READ READ the posts here and log in often. It has been a lifesaver for me. We're all here for your in your journey.

Raj....I have no idea what internet speed accelerators are? Do you need help navigating the MWO forums? I just want to find out what you're looking for so I can help.

Rusty

Comment

hi again

Rusty;889521 wrote: Welcome Franzia and Raj

Raj....I have no idea what internet speed accelerators are? Do you need help navigating the MWO forums? I just want to find out what you're looking for so I can help.

Rusty
        Rusty, I think you will find raj is a spammer..
        they often pop up on various forums on the net..
        for their own "fun"
        they normally go away if ignored.....

Comment

hi again

Franzia, welcome back. I am sorry to read that things have gotten worse for you. I agree that a call to your doctor with some honesty about the addiciton problems seems to be a good place to start. At some point we need to put pride and fear aside, and honestly ask for the help we need.

I would crawl across hot coals if I had to in order to hang on to my sobriety. Be willing to go to any length necessary.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

hi again

thanks

Thanks for all your advise and concern.
            One problem I have is my husband doesn't think there is a problem!
            He makes the trip to the store to stock up on wine.......even though he is unemployed and money is not there.
            It's difficult to stop drinking when the supply is always available and the spouse enjoys it too much.........

Comment

hi again

Back for some support

Yeah me too, I am back... not been on for over 3 years can't believe it.. I MUST MUST stop drinking so much.. I can't loose weight and it is annoying me.. Plus I spend too much money on wine and I just am not happy with myself. My hubby is very patient but I think he is loosing his patience....I just ordered some stuff called moder8 not sure if it will help but sounds like it might.. Anyone else used this???

I am glad that I am not the only one having these issues.... why is it so hard sometimes??? Like others i have read, I ask - Why me!!!
              Fiona

Comment

hi again

Welcome Back!

:welcome:
                I think it's simply a ritual for us. I start cooking dinner and just can't imagine not having a glass of wine there while I chop veggies........
                Then can't sit down and eat without another glass~
                Then on and on......
                And I feel the same way- it's annoying me!
                So why do I keep doing it?
                I have not heard of the product you mentioned- where did you get it?

Comment

hi again

Hi not sure what you mean about product mentioned? Not in this thread. Give me some more infor and I'll try and help. BTW, I lived in Gilbert and Scottsdale before moving back east due to my job!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

hi again

OOPS

Sorry Techie~
                    I was addressing Titania's question regarding the "modr8" supplement she wanted to try.
                    I am a little rusty at this thread business.......
                    I have forgotten how to really navigate around the site. Any suggestions would be appreciated ! :H

Comment

hi again

Also to Techie~

You should be thankful to be in CT right now........105 today!!

Comment

hi again

That is exactly what I am like.... it's social drinking, but you just can't stop.... I ordered some stuff called Moder8, online it should be here in a day or two.. supposed to cut down the cravings.. i will let you know if it works...

Fiona

Comment

Working...
                        X