Trying to give up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to give up.

Doing better, the weather is cheery. Went to shop for food avoided all AL. Meeting with wife soon hopefully she belives me one more time.

Comment

Trying to give up.

well done steve. just remember that it may take time for your wife to believe in you doing this. your actions will speak louder than words. good luck on your journey.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Trying to give up.

Good job steve. keep up the good fight. Remember to give your wife time. We drinkers are always looking for the quick fix. I think it's inherent in us. The main focus now is your sobriety. Your doing everything right!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Trying to give up.

day 2 AF done

gonna sleep now think good thoughts

Comment

Trying to give up.

Way to go on day 2 Steve. I'm guessing with wife means a big step. So glad for that. I'm with you on day 3 tomorrow.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Trying to give up.

Hey Steve,
              I am from the UK too and learning to live a life without drink. Fantastic job for day two. That must have been really difficult for you but you did it! Hang in there cause you are on the right path. And stick to this forum. The people on here are lovely. Really supportive, understanding, non judgemental. They helpd me in my early stages of recovery and are still helping me stay sober. I am doing the impossible...and I know that you can too.Well done!
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Trying to give up.

Hello rebirth,
                Day 3 AF here we go, i am in charge of my kid today. Happy happy.
                Steve

Comment

Trying to give up.

EFFING FAB!!! Wow. That makes me rediculously happy to hear your progress!
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Trying to give up.

Doing ok so far. Geting a lot of stick from wife though. I forced out a joke to ease the tention and was replyed: Your next wife will be so lucky, you such a funny guy. QQ

Comment

Trying to give up.

Nice to see this,Steve. Hope you're enjoying you're both enjoying today.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Trying to give up.

Hang in there Steve4! Each day is another day of proof for the wife. Just remember that this journey is for you!! Because U DESERVE to live a happier life!!

Keep focusing on the goal and the methods you will use to get there.

I am thinking about you! We all know how hard this is. But we also all know it is possible and worth it.

Comment

Trying to give up.

A bit furstrated towards the evening but better stick to>

JUNKIE THINKING: I really need to drink now. I'm so upset.
                          RESPONSE: Drinking is not going to fix anything. I'll still be upset; I'll just be an upset drunk. I never have to have a drink. Drinking alcohol is not a need, it's a want. Once the crisis is over, I'll be relieved and grateful I'm still not drinking.

THanks for the support guys, i will pop back later before going to bed to report on AF day 3 .

Comment

Trying to give up.

Hi Steve,
                            Your wife is probably still angry from the past. But stay with it because there will be better times ahead and these will eventuelly outweigh the bad. x
                            Be strong-

Comment

Trying to give up.

Hi Steve, many people here on MWO got on their way with the help of meds - I used Antabuse. It's necessary to research it , but it really takes the struggle away big time. Unlike all the other meds it's got no side effects, unless you drink on it.
                              Good luck, it will be sad to see AL claim another family.
                              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Trying to give up.

Steve4;904418 wrote: A bit furstrated towards the evening but better stick to>

JUNKIE THINKING: I really need to drink now. I'm so upset.
                                RESPONSE: Drinking is not going to fix anything. I'll still be upset; I'll just be an upset drunk. I never have to have a drink. Drinking alcohol is not a need, it's a want. Once the crisis is over, I'll be relieved and grateful I'm still not drinking.

THanks for the support guys, i will pop back later before going to bed to report on AF day 3 .
                                I like your junkie thinking analysis. How true.

Congrats on your progress! Try not to tie your sobriety to your marriage. Sobriety being first in your life means it has to be for YOU. The rest of the chips will fall where they may. I guarantee they will fall in a better place if you are sober than if you drink.

Also I hope you will try to keep a perspective on things. How much time went by where you were drinking, and doing all that lovely stuff that us drinkers do, which your wife put up with for a long, long time? It's not very fair to expect forgiveness and a white picket fence after a few days of sobriety when typically, we spent years getting ourselves here.

Just food for thought as you wrap up day 3 AF and move on into day 4. Keep up the good work.

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X