Trying to give up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to give up.

:welcome: Steve ~ you came to the right place , keep up the good work and remember to just say NO to the cravings , they will pass ! I drank alot of water and now I'm addicted to Tea:H .........Stay well :l Em
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Trying to give up.

Thanks for all the good words everyone. AF day 4 here i come ...

Comment

Trying to give up.

way to go Steve4!!! Yeehah!
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Trying to give up.

Just had a serious chat with my wife. She if applying for divorce and it is decided I guess i failed her one too many times. Gonna go try to sleep a litlle to clear my head and then prepare for whatever single but AF free life got for me.

Comment

Trying to give up.

Steve, I'm very sorry to hear that. Nothing much more I can say except don't turn to the bottle, whatever chance you have that she may reconsider if that's what you want, you will throw everything away for sure if you have a drink. Do have a sleep and hopefully wake feeling stronger and able to deal with whatever is there.
            Mind yourself and stay in touch here - there are many folks in the same boat.
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Trying to give up.

Thanks guys, AF day 4 complete, good night all

Comment

Trying to give up.

Steve4;905034 wrote: Just had a serious chat with my wife. She if applying for divorce and it is decided I guess i failed her one too many times. Gonna go try to sleep a litlle to clear my head and then prepare for whatever single but AF free life got for me.
                I am sorry to hear that. You are probably right about "one too many times." Us alkies are good at that - trying to grab onto the caboose of the train as it's leaving the station.

I hope you will just try to focus on your recovery and finding the real and GOOD you that is locked inside under the heavy cloak of alcohol addiction. You are in there somewhere. Have faith that without alcohol, your life will be better. Who knows what good things are in store?

Congrats on Day 4 AF. On to day 5 in the AM. One foot in front of the other. One day at a time.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Trying to give up.

Just wanted to update you guys. AF day 6 done and i am feeling great! Thank you all for the support

Steve

Comment

Trying to give up.

wow thats fantastic Steve!
                    Be strong-
                    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Trying to give up.

Seeing this thread for the first time today. So sorry about the marriage. Give it time and bring a new you to the game and things might turn around.
                      That is, if you focus on you and keep piling up those AF days. Be good to yourself and Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X