Clear All

Binge Drank This Weekend -- Need to Taper

Just any advice, help would be good. Am very anxious ... too much stress
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Hi janka,
    How are you today?
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Hi janka,

How can we help. The binge is over so that's behind you. I always felt crappy a few days after too. Tell us what's going on and we'll try to help you!?
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for checking in still shaky continued yesterday. Just want be normal again!
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Are you eating, drinking water, taking any supplements. What has helped you break this pattern for a time before. I'm want to help you Janka. What are you doing to relieve your withdrawl symptoms??
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

janka, I'm sorry to read about another binge episode. This must be frightening for you. What are you planning to do different this time in your effort to stop drinking? I know you have tried tapering off before but it seems that hasn't really worked? (at least not as part of a long term sobriety plan?) Have you considered getting a doctor's help to detox or going to a rehab?

Just wondering what your vision is for stopping. I do believe the miracle lives in all of us. I hope you find yours.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks again ... i binge when I am under extreme stress, which has be true over the past several years -- sought Dr's, meds, detox, all didn't work really. I guess must avoid stress when possible, avoid people who drink a lot, and will have beer tonight. Drank juices today, ate a little, loads of vitamins and rest. Still feel anxious tho ... this really stinks, as I feel really good when I'm sober
              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

also, when I've abruptly stopped AND didn't sleep, I've had a couple of seizures ... hence more fear
                Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

do you have a history of seizures janka? Do you take meds for them? You say in one sentence that you feel good sober. In nother, you mention drinking beer tonight? Why don't you NOT drink the beer and work toward getting to that good place again. This will help you deal with the stress and anxiety better. The drinking only makes it worse. I know, I've been there!

Comment

No meds for seizures ... but i was going to drink a beer later to avoid that and get to sleep.
                    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I hope you feel better janka I'm in connecticut too!

Comment

I'm in New Haven ... u?
                        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

North Haven

Comment

janka, is it realistic to think that you can somehow avoid stress for the rest of your life? I know that would not be realistic in my life. The key for me when it comes to stress has been finding other ways to deal with it than trying to drink through it.

But you know all this. You have to find a way to break this cycle. Excuses don't work. Drinking won't help you stop drinking.

What is your plan to stop drinking for good?

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

First-hand knowledge that it doesn't work ... DG, what made you stop for good?
                              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X