medicos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

medicos?

Trouble is she is in a vicious circle - it's difficult to treat or deal with underlying problems when a person is still using alcohol and/or substances(benzos are a mood altering drug). Most counsellors won't work with anyone under the influence and in my own case my counsellor told me she couldn't help me if I carried on drinking since she needed to know what came up once the AL was removed. My true feelings.

Combined with removing AL from the equation it sounds like a darn good motivating step though.

Comment

medicos?

Sheri;938484 wrote: Hi Beagle,

Not to butt in where I'm not wanted, but I do think you really need to get help (support) for the bigger reason of "why" you took the pills and drank in an effort to kill yourself. I've read your other posts and you are clearly clinically depressed, and I also wonder how much of it could be related to unresolved grief that you are carrying around. Have you ever undergone therapy or grief counseling for the loss of your child or considered doing it? If not, perhaps it's time. Grief does not just go away on it's own, and no one really teaches us how to work through it, so you may find it very helpful. I know I did and wished I hadn't waited so long. We're really not meant to live in so much pain, and don't have to. We just need to reach out for help.

Sheri
      Well said Sheri.

Comment

medicos?

I'm so sorry Beagle. I send you a big, BIG hug. I've almost been there.

Comment

medicos?

thanks airam.
          hugs back atcha.
          sheri,ukb, you are both right. i certainly appreciate your advice & you are both def WANTED imo to comment.....as i've seen, & now learning to listen & hear also.if you know what i mean.

i have been diagnosed with both severe depression & severe anxiety. reasons being ascertained when my lovely shrink gets back from holidays.
          i didn't mean to alarm anyone & apologise for doing so.
          i'm trying to stabilise a bit now so hopefully no more dramatics.

Comment

medicos?

How are you doing beagle?:hello:

Comment

medicos?

hey airam,
              little better thanks. trying to keep focussed on the ole odat principle.
              & you?
              :wavin:

Comment

Working...
              X