Titration Dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titration Dosage

This isn't exactly "urgent" except that my credit card has an offer that expires today where I can use my "points" to buy my Topamax. I have been titrating upwards 25 mg a week, per directions, but looking at the chart I see that once you reach 100, all of a sudden it jumps to 150, then 200, not 125, 150, 175, 200.

I am thinking I should continue on the slow trend of going up 25 mg a week? Or is there a reason RJ recommends the sudden jump? I would like to go ahead and buy the next two weeks today with my "free" points so any suggestions are welcome.

I could of course just continue to buy the 25 mg form, but the bottles here come in presentations of 50 also (and I believe even 100, which I was going to ask about today). The 50 comes out cheaper than the 25.

TIA

Titration Dosage

Hi luv - I followed the titration schedule in the book - I suggest that you do similar - unless you feel better going slower. If you plan on going slower then you need lower dosage pills. it is not advisable to split the Topa pills, so it is up to you which dosage you purchase really. You can always take lots of the 25 mg pills or get the higher dosage ones - as I said, I followed the schedule in the book.

hugs, Sunshinedaisies xx
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Titration Dosage

Thanks, Sunshinedaisies...thought I wasn't going to get an answer! Was thinking maybe it was a typo since it was a sudden difference in the upping of the level! I guess I will try it (that won't happen for another week anyway). I now have only 50 mg. tablets, although I do have 25 on hand if I should need them.

Comment

Titration Dosage

Anything to do with the meds, you are always better posting in the meds section really rather than here as it gets read by the people who are probably taking meds. just a thought....

hugs, sun xx
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Titration Dosage

hello luvmypups

please post baclofen questions in "consolidated baclofen success thread"
          u may get good answers

Comment

Working...
          X