BP under control, but Heart Beat high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to wean off, so my last binge was pretty much from Christmas to New Years eve. New Years day I had 2 24-oz beers and small margarita. Yesterday I had 2 24-oz beers only and today nothing. I've had issues with my BP when I drink, so I take Lisinopril and that takes it down a bit. I was happy to see my BP was fine this morning around 130/90 and felt really good going into work. At around 10am I had a really bad head ache and just know I took my BP is fine but I noticed on the memory of my machine that my pulse has been 118-120 bpm all day.

Is this part of the withdrawal? Will having 1 glass of wine lower my heart beat? or Should I just try to relax and lie down and see if it goes down. A little worried about tachycardia here.
    First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
    7 Days:
    14 Days:
    30 Days:
    60 Days:
    90 Days:

Hi Joemero,

I'm a retired health care professional & I strongly advise you to check in with your Doc!
    Your tachycardia could be due to any number of things & should be evaluated.

You may be exhibiting a sign of dehydration due to the AL. Try drinking water to rehydrate yourself & skip the wine.

Best wishes.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

When I first went off booze my pulse was high-- in fact it is always high no matter how much I weigh, how much exercise etc. It does go down with alot of water. When I was first off it was as much as 120 to 140. Normally it has been 80 which is still high. After the birth of my son I had elevated bp due to probably the weight gain and was put on bp meds. Do you have any idea of what your resting pulse is normally? My doc said as long as it is around my baseline that is okay but higher to do something. I drink water and lay down for awhile. Hope that helps!

Comment

Do not drink wine to reduce your pulse rate. Call your doctor and see if he/she thinks it is worrisome. It may be some anxiety issue, or something else. I am speaking from experience. There are side effects of quitting, and I have not been able to get past them, but at least I know them when I see them.

Comment

Working...
        X