Question about Antibuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Antibuse

Can you get antibuse without a prescription? And is so, what online pharmacy. I've been taking Campral...but still continue to drink. Thinking of going the antibuse way for a while...then for sure I can't drink. Thanks for any help.

Question about Antibuse

Hi Smit,

Where are you? I am in the UK have had a private script that I have taken to the chemist. I would never ever buy it online as god knows what might be in it.

I have found it an amazing tool that has really helped keep me focused on why I am doing this.

I wish I had used it a long time ago.
    I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Question about Antibuse

Antabuse

I did find an online pharmacy and ordered them. I will be sure they are the correct pill before taking it. Yeah, I think I need them to stop giving in to my cravings while taking Campral. Hope I can get A/F finally after fighting it for 20 years...

Comment

Question about Antibuse

I hope they work for you too. Luckily for tme the craving have calmed down. But I think its more psychological, as in I cant drink regardless. I have too much respect for the side effects to drink on them. For me it has silenced the voices in my head.

Please make sure you have really done your research as they can be very dangerous to drink on and could (so I have been warned) hospitalize you. You have checked your dosage, contra-indications etc..?

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Question about Antibuse

Antabuse

I have checked but will recheck before I start taking it. I'm sure it will take quite a while before getting it. By the way, I'm in the USA...Austin, Texas...

Comment

Question about Antibuse

Hi. I ordered my from an online pharmacy. Riverside pharmacy or something like that. I'll post back tomorrow with the correct site. They worked wonders for me For a good long time but it isn't a long term solution and can seriously effect your liver. If you go through your doctor the do blood tests every 2 weeks to make sure your liver is ok. Think long and hard, if you don't go through your doctor, weigh up your pros and cons. For me i was losing my hubby and children and my life was unliveable for me and my family so I had nothing to lose (so I thought at the time) and risked it.. Thank god I did!

Comment

Question about Antibuse

Good luck Smit, I really hope they work for you.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Question about Antibuse

Antabuse

The online pharmacy I ordered from never confirmed so I figured it was going to be a long wait so I sucked it up and asked my dr for it...he's already prescribed Campral for me and knows my problem...he said yes so I will start it in a couple days...I plan on taking it with the Campral and hopefully in a couple weeks I can stop the antabuse and just take the Campral. Thanks for all your feedback...

Comment

Question about Antibuse

I am so glad. You see years ago I ordered some AB online, and I had some sort of reaction to it. I had to go into my GP, collapsed having a fit in his surgery. He was convinced I'd had a drink and I honestly hadn't but I had all the signs - rash, aches, flu symptoms which had built up over several days. Anyway when I mentioned I'd bought it online just wrote it off. In all truth it was probably an allergy or reaction to perfume.

He just sent me home and a flea in my ear about buying drugs online.

At least this way you will have your Drs support.

Comment

Question about Antibuse

:welcome:Hey Smit - just wanted to say hello. I live in Texas also (Boerne).

Don't forget to check out the Meds thread - tons of information and support there.

KG

Comment

Question about Antibuse

I ordered mine from goldpharma.com
                      I have had no problem with them, but need to be more committed about taking it faithfully
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Question about Antibuse

Hey Smit!

Antabuse rocks when that seems the best way to go AF for you. I went 30 days on it and felt on top of the world. Was ten days off it when I went to a relative's house out of state and chose to drink. Heed the 14 day warning! While my symptoms were (relatively) small, I had headaches by the end of the evening (and in the morning) even though my consumption was low. Also I am fair-skinned and managed to take this photo of the rash! (hope this link works!)

RASH | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                        "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Question about Antibuse

lil.michelle;1058448 wrote: Hi. I ordered my from an online pharmacy. Riverside pharmacy or something like that. I'll post back tomorrow with the correct site.
                          Looking forward to that info, lil! I have been online innumerable times looking for it without a prescription, but the only sites I seem to find do not have HTTPS: security and say they are using something else (which may or may not be true). Hoping to get it from Canada. Still have a scrip myself, but SO expensive without insurance. Hope someone can direct me to a place that will make it a little easier on the pocketbook...
                          "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Question about Antibuse

Antabuse

Started the Antabuse on Wednesday last week and have been a/f each day. I'm taking it with Campral in the hopes the Campral will kick in and I can stop the antabuse in about a month. It really helps me understand there is no impulse buying when I feel the urge...and there has been many urges...but I know I can't so I somehow get through it. I'm enjoying being a/f...just hope some weight will eventually come off since not drinking alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                            X