Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill Stomach...poor diet

New here and will give a brief intro.:

Sober since 1/1/2011 and have been laid off for the last 9 mos and due to very low monies have been eating very very poorly. I may be starting work soon and want to incorporate very very good eating habits as I will have better monies than now. The problem is when i eat healthy my stomach is very very ill, doubled up cramps, etc. Always have had bad stomach but much worse now...need to keep job and show up every day. So while I am incorporating healthy food; is there an over the counter medicine that will ease these symptoms as I nourish my way back to good health and to be able to maintain employment?

Ill Stomach...poor diet

Hi Recovery. I dont know if this is the right place to look for help. If you are doubling up in pain every time you eat I think you need to see a doctor. We are not a medical group and you could have anything eg a stomach ulcer or irritable bowel syndrome or chron's disease...or any number of things. I honestly think that you should have a medical assesment and get a diagnosis first. The only over the counter medicines I know are for heartburn/indigestion etc and your pharmacy could tell you which brands you have in your country. Is there a reason why you haven't gone to your doctor?
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Ill Stomach...poor diet

No job, no inusrance, no monies and once gainfully employed will have it checked out with hopefully insurance. Thanks

Comment

Ill Stomach...poor diet

What country do you live in?
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Ill Stomach...poor diet

Hi - can you find a decent quality probiotic to take? And what kinds of healthy foods are you eating? Could you be eating too much "fiber"? While fiber is good for you, if you don't increase slowly, you could get gas pains and bloating.

You might want to try some probiotics ( unless you can find yogurt without added sugar) - you may need more healthy bacteria in your digestive system?

can you tell us any more?

Hang in there - keep reaching out here for help, ok?
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Ill Stomach...poor diet

I agree with lolab - pro-biotics. Maybe try some kefir unless dairy upsets your stomach. Not too much at first.

If by "healthy" you mean salads - try cooked vegetables instead. Pureed vegetable soups are easy on the digestion (no beans). Winter squashes are easy on the digestion too.

Best,

Comment

Ill Stomach...poor diet

recoverywfaith;1086868 wrote: New here and will give a brief intro.:

Sober since 1/1/2011 and have been laid off for the last 9 mos and due to very low monies have been eating very very poorly. I may be starting work soon and want to incorporate very very good eating habits as I will have better monies than now. The problem is when i eat healthy my stomach is very very ill, doubled up cramps, etc. Always have had bad stomach but much worse now...need to keep job and show up every day. So while I am incorporating healthy food; is there an over the counter medicine that will ease these symptoms as I nourish my way back to good health and to be able to maintain employment?
              I don't know where in this big world you are, hon, but I do know you were brave to take a step and ask for help here. This is a just a LOVELY community, warts and all, and there is a world of help here. I imagine, IMHO, you're feeling very tentative about what you post, but good on you for doing it!
              One of my best friends here is Ringing Cedars. She's in Canada, and though she's struggling too with money issues, she is a LIMITLESS source of natural, inexpensive information about health (she owns a Health Food Store). PM her (do you know how? If not, reply to this post and I'll tell you.) Just tell her Ruby referred you, and she will help you to no end!! :H
              I have tummy troubles too. Losing weight, which is for me not a bad thing!, but not for lack of food. I wish you could sit at my table, let me cook you a meal, because that is a great fellowship, and to share what we have is what I live for. Please, let me know if I can help you in any way. I'd send you food if I could. But you've taken a very large step here, and be proud of yourself!
              Ruby
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
              X