New member first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member first post

Hi all, I've been drinking basically for the past 20+ years, starting a while ago with just a couple after work to 2 bottles of wine day every day. During the night I had 2 epileptic seizures while I was asleep, after another night of drinking. My husband looked after me during this. The epilepsy started after about 10 years of drinking. I told him this morning that I need his help to stay AL free. He does not drink at all. So today is going to be my first day AL free for this month. I have been through episodes of non drinking during the year but it only lasts a few days. I really need to make this one work. :new:

New member first post

Hello Cazza, you are in the right place, WMO changes lives imo. Lots of support and advice here so read around and do keep posting. You can make this work.
    Keep safe
    KTAB
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

New member first post

Hi Cazza - I hope you come back. :welcome: The seizures must be scary. Good that your husband is there to look after you. I'm sure giving up AL will help!

I found the My Way Out book very helpful. You can download it and read it immediately. I used the supplements, the hypnosis CD's and the diet / exercise recommendations. It was still difficult to stop but I think those tools sure made it easier.

I too progressed over about 30 years of drinking to a 2 bottle + per night wine drinker, or if not wine then lots of vodka. Or both. (not in the same glass at the same time though LOL! At least not as far as I can remember...)

If I can stop, so can you. All the best to you.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

New member first post

Hi Cazza,

Welcome to the site and congratulations for being here! There is a lot of great support here and tools to help you. You decide your journey, you decide what is right for you, no one else. There are tools here, lots of threads/posts to read, and a lot of positivity. You can post in the Newbies nest or any other threads that you feel like. Again, Welcome!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

New member first post

cazza, I hope you're okay. The seizures sound very scary, and they may be an indicator that you'll need medical support through the early stages of withdrawal/detox. Cold turkey without medication (benzodiazepines) can be very dangerous if someone is already experiencing seizures on a regular basis. Don't take a chance if you have any doubts about this. Ask for whatever help you need.
          Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

New member first post

I’m also new to this forum .Just got out of IOP counseling and went right back to drinking .So today starts day one AF .I will take all the help and support I can get Thanks.

Comment

New member first post

Welcome jobe. Take a breath, hold that AF thought, then slowly exhale. Repeat. You can do it!

(what's IOP counseling? I've never heard that term.)

Jib
              Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Working...
              X