Really? are there no born agains here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new. I am in crisis. I have reached out in two messages on the thread that's faith based.
    Nothing. So scared. I need a prayer partner!

I too can understand feeling fear while in the depths of alcoholism. Since My Way Out is not a specifically faith based recovery program, I think people may not be sure how to help. I am not sure exactly what you are looking for by way of support that I might be able to offer you.

How can we help you?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AA is a great idea neva! As is the What We Believe thread.

MDG, Spiritual River is a good website.

Be sure to look over this thread in Monthly Abstinence https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

And this one (you NEED a plan!) https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Girl,

I am a born again. I have been sober for 5 months. I am here if you need prayer. Please send me a PM.

God Bless!

Comment

Wishing you luck and sending you prayers.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Hi MDG,

We have people of many nationalities and belief systems here at MWO. We are all in this fight for sobriety together and we all support each other....and we have many "support styles". We all understand the fear and heartbreak that alcoholism and problem drinking present in life. I hope that you will consider MWO as a whole and that we can help you find your way out.

If you still choose to speak to only reborn Christians, you might want to check out the "What We Believe", thread, as we do not encourage religious, nor political conversation in the general areas of the board, as this so often causes issues amongst our members.

Best Wishes,
            Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Welcome MDG.

I will say a little prayer for you. I lapsed in my faith years many years ago. However, I am getting better and emotionally stronger every day.........I say my prayers every night before I go to sleep. In my darkest hours I turned back to God. I truly believe He heard and He helped me.

I used to roll my eyes at the `bible thumpers`........I regret that now. I now believe again.

Much love,

Star x
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Mydaddy I am a baptist. I am praying for you. Feel free to pm me if you need to.

I can be your prayer buddy.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

There is hope

Hi My daddy'sgirl,
                  Yes, there are a couple of us here. I will pray for/with you. I also find lots of hope and encouragement from an online AA group. Please join one asap if you're not in the position to personally join one.
                  Being alcoholic is even more painful for us believers - but step 2 sums it up. Become willing to hand over your life to God, Jesus.
                  PM me if I can help you.:welcome:
                  make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Hi D-Girl,

Jessie is right! Check in with us... and let us know how you are doing!

Comment

Hi D-Girl!

Lots of hugs to you! Please let us know how you are doing! You are not alone!

Comment

I am a born again--1995 at 35. I am not perfect and perfection is not expected--progress is. I will be holding you up in prayer and hope you will hold me up too. PM me too if you want--but come back and get to know the site and find what you need to help you please. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                        X