Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just some advice is all I need from people that know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a recovering alcholic(do we ever) and well life has been pretty shitty of late. I had been sober for 2 1/2 years until last week Sunday . Trigger- friends, and an alcaholic/drug addict(Cocaine etc) wife who has yet to reach bottom after 3 successive internments of which she has quit all. I'm pulling myself up by my bootstraps 'cause who else is going to do it for me?
    Today in the garbage I found medication packages (twox 30 in 2 days) w/des/ instructions.
    What the hell is 50mg Topiramate? The indications on the paperwork were downright scary!! Is this the medical name for topomax? Anti-siezure medication? Along with this 50mg Trazdona HCI - ...
    She shows all the symtoms of depression and rarely comes out of her room. Yes, since I dried out, our previous life went out the window.
    I fear that her shrink has got her zombied in our own house and this same zombie has to take care of my 12 year old daughter when I go away to work.
    Any ideas would be very welcome and Magic, well you know the story...

Hi Bashley,

Love your avatar, very dashing indeed!
    I don't know anything about the medication part of what you are dealing with. May be better for you to post in the meds section of this site. There are tons of folks who can give you the answers you are looking for, so please check it out.
    From what I read many people get the help they are looking for on topomax, so don't worry just yet. Get your answers and go forward from there. Stay strong!
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Nice flower but mine is really me

Comment

hi there bashley and welcome back buddy ..you were sober for a while there so just hop on the wagon and give your best again .. as for the meds sorry i dont know anything about .. but you can google it and find out .. best of luck to you and yours
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Bashley, my thoughts are with you. Please tell Magic I said hi. She is never far from my thoughts

Comment

Nice to see you all.
            I'm gone from here and will be posting in the more personal side of this alcoholic engine.
            Magic is alive and well and I will pass your message.
            OAO
            B

Comment

Hey Bash, I'm on both of those meds. Topamax (or Topiramate) is an anti-convulsion med that has shown promise in reducing cravings for alcohol when taken in higher doses. Trazadone is technically an anti-depressant, but many doctors use it as a non habit-forming anxiety reducer and sleep aid. It's not like ambien or xanax or any of those drugs. You can't get medically addicted, but it does help you fall asleep. I haven't gotten to a high enough dose to see results from Topamax -- went off of it for a while -- but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm sorry you fell off the wagon, but I understand it's all part of the process. As they say, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.... easier said than done, I'm sure. Your pic is quite dashing!

Comment

5 years on

Blimey how time flies!!
                My wife is still the same and now almost a daily psyciatrist induced manic zombie at home. I picked myself up again only to fall into the cycle of thinking I could handle being a social drinker.
                I don't think there is such a thing when you are an alcoholic. It's just the monkey waking up again.
                So... I'm alcohol free again - somebody has to have their head screwed on semi straight around here and work for a living.
                Just thought I'd check in and hope you all are winning some part of the battle.
                Bye for now and stay strong.

Comment

Good luck Bashley and good to see you sober again. Saw your other posts this time and hoped you would get it back together cos you sound like such a nice guy and the 'old timers' all like you.

Sorry bout the wife but you can only save yourself and hope for her

KY

Comment

Thanks Kuya,
                    I see you are quite new in here. Howz the monkey fight with you all the way over in Kiwi land?

Comment

Hi Bashley,
                      If you found the RX paraphernalia in the waste, do you think that your wife is taking it?
                      That should be a good sign, as those are anti-craving drugs which suggest that (whether or not she is acting on her intentions) her mindset is in the right place, she's gone to the Dr and gotten a scrip to help her beat her reliance on drink. Now if you look at that in a positive light, perhaps you could talk to her about, did she try it? if so for how long? were there side effects?

It sounds like her heart is in the right place. I hope you all can work together to keep your little girls world stable

Comment

Working...
                      X