sober for less than 24h and needing again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt the need to drink... not like "oh maybe tonight my husband and I could have a drink"... no. More like "I wonder if there's any wine left downstairs... or maybe some rum".

I have been shaking all day.

I feel so welcomed here. So understood.

I do not want to drink!!:upset:

love myfamily, withdrawal symptoms are outlined here Alcohol withdrawal: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Make sure you eat something (healthy hopefully) and drink LOTS of water with some fresh lemon squeezed in it to help move the toxins. Eat something sweet if you need to or drink some juice to keep your blood sugar on even keel. Try to do something active and get outdoors if you can -maybe go for a walk? Try to keep physically busy to keep your mind off how you're feeling and off having alcohol. Take a warm bath to relax you. Breathe deeply.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Clean out a cupboard, a closet, rearrange your pantry, anything to occupy you. I have to go out shortly. Can someone come over?
      sigpic

Comment

ilove - when I first came off AL, I printed out a lot of information about withdrawls from the link Greenie provided above. I shared it with my husband so he could keep an eye on me and take care of me a bit. And take medical action if necessary (it wasn't). Is that something you could ask your husband for help and support with?

I know this is really hard. Stick to your guns and then you won't have to go through this again.

Everyone here understands. We really do. :l

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

You know how sometimes you feel like angels have been sent to you?

I was hitting a very low point and I run into this community.

I know I can do this. I know I can.

Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Also, I ate something and had a big glass of juice. Took my puppy out for a short (it is frezzin here) walk and also decided to follow your advice and print a list of symptoms

Thank you!

Comment

You are doing good love. Eating, hydrating with water (lemon water as Greenie said is best!), and staying busy is all good. What kind of doggy do you have?

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

It's a shih tzu. He is the love of our lives. Whenever I'm sad he feels it and tries his best to cheer me up! He has his head on my lap now and one paw on my right hand

What kind of dog do you have?

Comment

Awe...I love Shih Tzus! My sis in law and her family have one. He is so spoiled and so cool. I can just imagine yours with his head in your lap right now! What's his name?

The dog in my avatar is Ferguson - he's a German Shepherd and we have 2 other German Shepherds (Cooper and Kimba) and a Beagle and a Mutt. The Mutt is the boss and the Beagle is my best buddy. He's pretty old. His name is Buck.

Do you have other pets?

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I have to go fix dinner now but there are always people around. Have you started reading the toolbox yet? Here is another link to it. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html It will give you lots of great ideas to help you get organized and make a plan for success. And it will keep you occupied as you work though this challenging sober day.

YOU CAN DO IT!! I drank nearly every day for 30 years. For the last several years, I started drinking in the morning every day. I was hopeless and miserable and suicidal. If I can quit, and all these other people here can quit, I know you can do it too. It's not easy. But it's worth it!!! I have a whole new life now and you can too.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh my God, so many puppies!! I am so jealous!

No, we don't have other pets. I would love to have all the puppies in the world, but I guess our house is not big enough. Plus we are starting a business and we will leave the house for several ours.

My baby says "thank you Mr. Ferguson for cheering up my mommy's face"

Comment

I'm back and checking on you before I turn in. How are you feeling?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi greeneyes.

I'm not doing well. My husband is kind of numb. He came home from work and he has talked to me but he is like numb.

I am experiencing a great deal of anxiety...

Oh my God, I feel like there is no way out. For tonight I'll try to go to sleep naturally, no alcohol or sleeping pill.

thank you

Comment

Hope you are feeling better this morning:l. The anxiety is horrible but it will pass. Hang in there and keep reading and posting. It really does help to read other people's stories on here and see that you are not alone. xxx

Comment

Hi love my family. I hope you got some sleep last night. How are you feeling today?

These early AF days can be very stressful. That's why I love the saying "one day at a time." Even one HOUR at a time or MINUTE at a time is good to think about.

I remember when I would drink to much and be nasty to my husband. And he would be a combination of worried, mad, scared. And he would not want to talk to me as his way of showing his disapproval / fear. Looking back, I can see at the time that all I felt was his disapproval. But now I know that really, he was very afraid for me. I always worried that I was losing his love. Today I know that his love was never in question - he always loved me. It was just frustrating and scary for him to watch me slowly killing myself, and unable to participate properly in our marriage. I'm not sure if any of that is true for your situation - just putting in out there in case you can relate and maybe take some hope from it.

One minute at a time we can do this today.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X