Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

never done this before what is my problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my sister has just been for lunch, she was driving so had one glass of wine, my son went for a nap so i took the opportunity to drink and have had three glasses of wine and two cans of cider I hate myself what is my problem - oh wait i am an alcoholic - GOD i hate myself so much why am i like this???????????????
    One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Welcome to mwo madonmehndi, Atleast you are acknoledgeing your problem by coming here,There are lots of people here who can relate to what your going through,including me.read as many posts as you can and keep on posting your thoughts and feelings,there is a tool box in the monthly abstence thread which is a must read,remember you are not alone in this fight and i hope to see you around the boards. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mad... We are all going through the same thing. You are welcome to join my thread conquering day 1- we are a very supportive bunch. You can read our stories if you have time and see we all started in the same place and it is a struggle and a journey

I am on day 16 alcohol free!

Enough!

Good luck!
      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

thank you both of you, i am going to try and read some of your stories
        One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Stay close Mad...so much help and support here...we all know how you feel...xx
          ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

I stopped before my husband came home but then after dinner went to the shop and got two more bottles of wine, I drank one and a half and can't remember the end of my evening, I feel terrible today and no idea where to go from here, I know I NEED to quit but i just don't know how, i can't tell you how many times i have been in this place but i want to do this please someone help me :upset:

Comment

Hya Mad...how are you feeling?
              It's ok...you have done the right thing by turning up here...everyone can understand this...
              try and drink lots of water today and eat something fresh...
              ....stick close to this site and read read read read....
              I'm struggling today so will be checking in here on a (very) regular basis...trying to stop myself from buying wine...it's 9.30 am (uk) and the local shop closes at 10pm...only 11 1/2 hours to go...moment by moment...
              ...chin up...we can do this petal
              :h xx

Comment

Well I got through yesterday am especially pleased with myself since my friend called by at tea time with a bottle of wine to say thanks for an old laptop we gave her so I could easily have succumbed! I feel so much better this morning why can't I remember that when the wine is calling?

Queenbug where in UK are you? I am in West Yorkshire, our local shops all close at 9 pm or before so not as long to buy stuff LOL hope you are ok today?

Comment

Hi Mad...Kent....10pm close here and several 24 hour places....keeping my car very low on fuel if I get past 10pm and get tempted to try to get to other places!!! How bonkers is that!!!! :giggle:

Much much better today...bit exhausted emotionally but sprightly enough physically!

Bloody well done with that bottle of wine 'thankyou'...that's where it gets tricky isn't it? When friends think that they are being nice...but its beginning to feel a bit to me like a vampire must feel when someone pulls out a cross or daylight creeps in!!!! (Had a bit of a Twilight DVD fest with my daughter over the weekend....think my hormones got jangled with all the lovely young vampires and warewolves....forgive me!!)

Stay strong petal....hope today is going well for you xx

Comment

Hi Madon and Queenbug,

Ever since I started working on the 12 steps I can feel things improving. As I'm only on step 4 now, or rather starting on it; it is still early days. But I think it contains deep psychological aspects which helps beating the monster Al. I do it all online and downloaded the worksheets to help the thinking prosesses.
                    Day 14 for me .

I hope this little bit of advise can mean something to you.
                    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Thank you Jessie...am going to check this out later.

How's it going Mad? x

Comment

Hiya Mad,
                        when I found this site I was at the same place. Drinking and disliking myself for it. Almost everyone here will understand where you're coming from. Please have a wander around the site and post wherever you feel like. Welcome!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
                        X