Been Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been Arrested

Rosew/thorns, so glad to hear you are viewing this situation as an opportunity to see a truth and to change. If we can truly hit bottom without harming ourselves or others, that is a blessing! Good for you having the courage to face the neighbors.

I too encourage you to keep an open mind going to an AA meeting. I resisted doing that for years, and I was the one who lost out. I finally went about 3 years ago, and it has been life changing for me.

Keep moving forward...

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Been Arrested

Hi Rose,
      I haven't met you yet, but I'm glad you're here, and I'm glad to be back too.
      I don't know if this was your "bottom". I had two DUI's, neither of which was my bottom. It's different for everyone.

I know what my bottom was. One night I was drinking (as usual), went out to the store to get cigarettes (after 8 beers), got home and my daughter was on the couch crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I can't tell you, so I wrote it down". I opened up this letter where my 13 year old poured out her heart to me...begging me, to stop drinking and smoking...listing stupid things I've done while drunk (for example, "grooming" the dogs while drunk...this is not a good idea, believe me). That was it...I put down the beer and haven't had any alcohol since. The pain in her face was more than I could take.

Whatever your bottom is, whether you've reached it yet or not, will be unique to you. I am just glad you're here...that's a good first step in the right direction.

I wish you much success and hope to get to know you better!

Love,
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Been Arrested

Hi, Rose.

Just wondering how you are doing. I know your court date is next week, but have you been able to find out anything from your lawyer?

I think about you a lot. I know how hard this is. I keep telling myself that something positive will come from it, but some days it's overwhelming.

TDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
        X