really need support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really need support

i have been modding for a good few months now but have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, sjogrens syndrome and osteo arthritis, given prozac, precrip pain killers two kinds, sleeping pills and drinking a bottle of wine a night more than i ever have,feel like i am spirelling down, dont know what to do from here, yu guys have helped me before
    xxx

really need support

Hi twitch, good for you for asking for help! I'm sorry you are having to go through these things.
    Ditching the wine is an obvious protocol, of course. Drinking is going to make anything worse. Just wondering if the same doc is making all the prescriptions and if not, do multiple docs know about multiple prescriptions? Not knowing much about the condtions or symptoms, I'd take a good look at my diet and supplements. I'd refer to the MWO book for dosage of kudzu, l-glute, GABA, etc to help stave off cravings. And of course tons of water. Read the tool box thread. Make a plan. I'm thinking you know all that, though.
    Start by getting rid of the wine and drinking water.
    Take a nice bubble bath to settle you down.
    Practice deep breathing.
    Consider yoga.

A note about the osteo-authritis. Google neprinol and see what you think.
    I'd take a look at Dr. Andrew Weil's anti-inflamatory diet. You may find some information on his forums - you can join and ask questions if you like.

Hope that helps get you started! :l You can do this!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

really need support

Wow, you were just delivered some tough news. You have came to the right place. The wine isnt going to help the disease process. I worry about this doc starting you on pain killers for these diseases. Maybe because I my own issues. Nothin better than a glass of wine and a Percocet.....not a lifelong answer, just another addiction for an addictive personality. I also have fibro and osteo. My antidepressant was switched to Cymbalta and after about a month. No more pain. Not a cheap drug though. I dont know if this is an option for you. My blessings are with you. Stay here with us.

Comment

really need support

Thats all sounding bad to me. The whole thing. I too have arthritis (have had both hips replaced and a knee seriously altered) and fibro. Drinking makes these conditions worse. Pain killers (two kinds) prozac sjogrens and wine together = potential for serious liver damage. I too question any doctor that would give you that combination, especially if they have any idea you drink, and if they have been doing the bloodwork they should do, alcohol abuse will show up in your enzyme profile. Especially in light of the fact that Sjogrens is linked with primary bilary cirrhosis. And if you had these diagnosis, you have been feeling unwell for a long time and you have even tried moderation. So you are going to need help and support and understanding. Those are all facts, and you know them already. I guess you have to go beyond the facts and ask yourself what is really bugging you? If it is knowing you have these conditions and you are relatively young and it scares you, rest assured that having this list of conditions is not unique you are not alone, thousands of us have this combination and if you knock off the AL (and I mean quit cold turkey) and get some alternative anti-inflam going, you will get SO MUCH BETTER. Your liver will forgive you and heal. Light exercise, healthy eating, lots of water, and you will see an improvement in the diagnosed conditions within weeks of quitting the AL. Keep in mind of course that AL alters your brain chemistry and contributes hugely to depression, it is kind of a self fullfilling prophesy. It IS possible to be depressed, arthritic, fibromyalgiac and quit alcohol, too. I did it, and only with the help of people on a website. It wasnt this one, it was 43 Things, but just reading there and then posting did wonders.....And the fact that I am a toxicologist, did the reading on alcoholism in people with osteoathritis taking heavy pain killers and it sobered me up fast. Good luck. Tell us how you feel today. We wil be watching out for you. And hoping for the best. This is a wonderful place with amazing, supportive, loving people. Yep it sounds bad, but if I can do it, you can too. Kas
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

really need support

thanks for the support, my dr did liver tests and amazingly they were all fine, am going to try to cut back on everything xxx

Comment

really need support

Twitch;1175504 wrote: thanks for the support, my dr did liver tests and amazingly they were all fine, am going to try to cut back on everything xxx
            Twitch, I am really sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time. That's a pretty heavy diagnosis, all those ailments. But I have to agree with the others - ditch the wine and get yourself on a really healthy diet with the proper supplements and I'm sure you'll see a big difference in how you feel. There is a saying - we are what we eat (and drink) and no doubt a healthy diet would go a long way in making you feel better. Loved Greenie-bum's suggestion about the anti-inflammatory diet. It makes a lot of sense to me. Of course I don't know what your eating habits are but I'm just saying that cutting a few things like white flour, sugar, and starchy foods and substituting them with fresh fruits and veggies would definitely be a step in the right direction if you haven't already done that.

Good news on the liver tests. That must have been a relief. Wishing you the best of luck in battling your health issues and AL as well. Stick close to MWO. You know there is always support here when we need it. Please take the best care of yourself that you can, so you get a good start on the healing process.

Stirly :huggy
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
            X