Feel like killing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like killing myself

Daya, first I have to say that you did amazingly well on getting through the weekend with so little to drink and :goodjob: on tossing that wine down the drain.

I'm sorry for not posting earlier on this thread. Some of us get tied up in the other sections and threads like yours fall through the floorboards, so to speak. And they shouldn't.

I really can't add much to the advice the others have given here since they've pretty well said it all. I just wanted to say that the change in your mind set is tangible (your word) and it is heartening to see such a positive change in such a few days. Hold on to what you're feeling now. Maybe print out the second half of your post where you list the things you've realized after your sober weekend. Have it somewhere to remind you how you're feeling right now at times when you may be struggling. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey, and as Beagle said, I hope you never go back to that dark place. :huggy

BTW - that part about the magazine's back cover made me laugh right out loud....
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Feel like killing myself

Daya, such a relief to hear from you. I am so happy that things went so well. You are so right in what you said to your husband about going through life with one hand tied behind your back - that hit me right between the eyes.
      I can tell from how you speak that you have so much to offer. Your post was lovely and will give hope to others in the same situation.
      Just keep in touch and really take one day at a time. Everyone can have a bad day, even a really shitty day, but that's all it is; not one of us know what's in store for tomorrow.......
      So Daya, onwards and upwards as we all walk this road together:l
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Feel like killing myself

Daya, WOW! What insight and progress! So proud of you..........keep up the good work - you are a wise woman and fast learner!!

Take good care..............wishing you the very best.

Comment

Working...
        X