nothing is right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing is right

Girl1973--I went back and read some of your other posts to find out more info. I see where you took Naltrexone in the past and you said it was helpful, but you didn't take it as you should because you wanted to drink sometimes. You need to drop the idea of moderating for now (and hopefully forever, but one thing at a time). If you're serious about wanting to do this, you need to enlist the help of some other people. Number one being your doctor. Get into a detox program to at least get a couple days under your belt and get back on Naltrexone. It sounds like you've done it before for a few days. You need some breathing room and a detox with a doctor's supervision will give you that. Then we can talk about getting you a plan together on how to maintain your sobriety.

Comment

nothing is right

i went and seen my doctor today and finally told her the truth about my addiction. She gave me a scrip for ativan as it does help with the cravings for me anyways. But it is hard as i see people every where with a bottle or two under there arms. My doctor is setting up an app to see an addiction counselor and a physicritist {i did not spell that right]. And i bought some non-alcoholic juice tastes like red wine, not bad but i drank a whole bottle, plus i talked with a friend of my that does not drink,all these things and more i am going to try and keep at it. There is another AA meeting this afternoon and i plan on going. Day 4 for me today but my eyeballs still look like two piss holes in a snow bank
      ]

Comment

nothing is right

Girl, throwing up every day sounds like a very serious issue. I don't know how to advise you but I would just say be totally honest with your doctor and if at all possible go to a full-blown detox center where you can be monitored while coming off the alcohol.

Twitt, are you saying your eyes are yellow? Well done on day 4 and taking the steps like going to the shrink. I think so often that there are underlying issues with drinking. Are you paying attention to eating good food? Just wondering because drinking an entire bottle of fake wine sounds super unhealthy. Ugh.

I hope you'll both keep reading and posting. Girl, I'm worried about you but don't have the level of expertise it sounds like you need. Please let your doctor know the full extent of what's going on with you and if they can't help, get another doctor.

Sending you both peace and strength.:l:l

Comment

nothing is right

well my eyes are not the most heathly looking and there is alot of sugaer in fake wine plus i am still having some pain where my liver is. Yes i am eating healthy threw out all the juck food,i am worried i guess as the pain has never lasted this long before

Comment

nothing is right

twitt;1227875 wrote: i went and seen my doctor today and finally told her the truth about my addiction. She gave me a scrip for ativan as it does help with the cravings for me anyways. But it is hard as i see people every where with a bottle or two under there arms. My doctor is setting up an app to see an addiction counselor and a physicritist {i did not spell that right]. And i bought some non-alcoholic juice tastes like red wine, not bad but i drank a whole bottle, plus i talked with a friend of my that does not drink,all these things and more i am going to try and keep at it. There is another AA meeting this afternoon and i plan on going. Day 4 for me today but my eyeballs still look like two piss holes in a snow bank
            ]
            Twitt, good job. This is the beginning of a "plan." You know how I keep telling you to get a plan? Being under a doctor's care, seeing a psychiatrist, AA, getting meds, etc. is all part of a plan. There are some books that may help because a lot of this is about changing your thinking. And you might want to ask your doctor about taking L-Glutamine too. You don't need a prescription for it. You can find it in a health food store. It will help with cravings. What will you do when the cravings hit hard? Do you have someone to call or something to do to distract you until the urge passes? For example take a walk, exercise, play a game on the computer, etc.? I am really proud of you for making it this far. I know that it's hard, but there is only one way through this. You have to endure this initial pain and it will eventually start easing. But if you start drinking again, you'll have to start the withdrawal process all over again. You can do this once or 20 times. It's up to you. :l

Comment

nothing is right

What kind of books could i get?

Comment

nothing is right

Hi Twitt, if you look through the tool box thread you will see lots of advice on books and other strategies

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I know Noelle sent you this link earlier, bit did you go to it. Just copy the link and paste it into your browser.
                Best of luck
                Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                November 2, 2012

Comment

nothing is right

Twitt, Girl1973, and Slowly Dying,

Please don't give up, and please stick to the boards. Many people here have great experience and wisdom, so listen to them, and follow at least one suggestion.

Please know that I'm worried about you all, and hoping you'll find the strength to do what you have to do.

Juja:l
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                  X