Please Help the Drunk and Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I am drunk now. When am I not?? I want to stop. I am thinking of antiabuse, but afraid it will turn me into a pill junkie (I take prescription narcotics for back problems). Today my sister and her kids told me how crazy I have been acting like my mother. She ended up dying from an overdose of prescription drugs. I have been trying to tytrate with baclofen, but seven months is too long. The end of Jan I am going on a trip with my family. I want them to see I am clean. I want to be clean. My sister warned me the way I act the state may take my kids. I need some kind of program now. I am thinking antiabuse, baclofen and self hypnosis. Please someone help me.

Hi X,

I take both Baclofen and Antabuse. The Antabuse helps your mind to shut off whether you are going to stop tonight or not. We're alcoholics so we figure the in and outs of getting that drink. I have tested the Antabuse and know my limit. Never took it to the test but had a taste of it.
    I am on 60mg. of Bac right now and happy where I am for the moment. The vivid dreams, the anxiety gone, the mind functioning on full power, and the men in the elevator (read about Bac and it's good and bad se's :-)

I am sorry about your back but is Baclofen not relieving that at all? And where did you hear 7 months for Baclofen to work? And what mg. are you on now?
    Baclofen and/or Antabuse is not addictive (I am not a medical doctor)... but all I have read tells me they are not.

Hope you do well and stay here with us. Please check out the Meds Forum for more opinions on these medications.

Good luck!
    LL:l
    The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Hey

I have been there! It is so super scary! Keep your chin up, hey, u r a person too, just taking a lot of pills n drinking...maybe you need to detox n dry out n see where you might go from there, detox only takes a week, really. You can check yourself in or try n get a script for Librium, if the drink is your prob, n do it at home, n have someone monitor you...but if, like you mention in your post, you r on a lot of different stuff, you may wanna go to a real detox...just so you know tho, it shows up on your health insurance that you r an alcoholic and/or addict and it is difficult to get term life insurance or private health insurance, dunno if that is an issue for you, a group plan can't drop ya, n some states already have it so no one can be denied for a 'pre-existing'... But hon, sounds to me like you need to dry out n detox...you can always 'white knuckle' it, whew, that is tough! I suggest getting off the booze for a day, if you get tremors, you need a benzo and a 'babysitter' or else a professional detox, n see from there to go to AA or just quit, mods, if you can, or a rehab...best of luck

Comment

Feel free to read the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html and set up a plan. Detoxing is a good idea in your situation (home or professionally, but if at home with someone with you) and get a support group set up both online and offline. I never tried the meds, but I have heard success stories. YOU CAN DO IT!
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi X,
          Antabuse is not a narcotic, so I would not worry about becoming a junkie by taking it. What I would worry about however, is whether you're committed to not drinking while on it. You will be sicker than you can imagine if you take Antabuse and then drink alcohol. Antabuse has been a lifesaver for me. It works if you let it...and if you make up your mind that while taking it, you absolutely CANNOT drink.
          I am sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. Think of all you have to lose if you don't change things. I know you want to prove to your family that you are clean, but you need to do it for yourself first...the rest will follow.
          Hang in there and please let us know how you are doing.
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
          X