Really struggling and feeling hopeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any hope for me? Shaking and covered in unexplained bruises. I don't actually want a drink but I feel I need one to stop the shakes. I have never felt this messed up and I just can't cope. I need to sort myself out for going back to work tomorrow, I am really scared of what will happen if I drink and what will happen if I don't. :upset::upset:
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Hi Broken halo, Yes there is hope for you. I don't know much about your background with drinking. Do you feel that you can detox safely, without going into withdrawl? If not, then you should get some real medical advice. There is nothing to lose by quitting drinking. That fear about never being able to drink again is an illusion, and it kept me from seriously quitting for many years. I think it is related to the anxiety of a hangover, a very primitive part of your brain going without something it is dependant on. One way or another, you can do this, and it is worth fighting for.
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Thanks Pine. Up until today I thought I could detox safely, now I am not so sure. I really want this madness to stop.
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Broken how much do you typically drink?

Comment

Broken Halo-
          I feel for you. I know exactly where you are at right now. I've been there many times myself....everything from the shaking to being covered in bruises and thinking "What the hell did I do to myself?"
          Can you share a little more of your history? (I'm sorry if it's posted somewhere else and I just haven't seen it). How much do/did you drink (last night for example?) For how long have you been drinking?
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I can relate to, getting up at 6 AM and taking two big chugs of rum to stop the shakes and feel better.. Wishing you luck halo!

Comment

OK, I drank a bottle of wine, about half a bottle of gin, and some port. Not proud of it. Tonight I had about a half bottle of bacardi just to settle myself. It's almost 2 am, I can't sleep, I won't drink anymore because I need to work tomorrow. I am just a disaster and i am sorry. I really don't have anywhere else to say this.

Comment

Hi Halo,

Good to hear you want to stop the madness. See a doctor or get to a hospital for some support if you're worried. Let us know how you go. You are not alone in this.

Edit: I've just read your above post saying it's 2.00 a.m. and you're working tomorrow. Is it possible to take the day off and see a Doc to help you de-tox? Take care and keep us posted, ok?

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I can't G. But thanks for saying I am not alone. Right now I needed that. I'll be all right, just wish I could sleep. Thanks again

Comment

Broken, you are definitely not alone right now. I am trying yet again myself tonight. I know how the lack of sleep feels. (((hugs)))

Comment

Hugs to you Piper, I feel so isolated, it helps :h:h

Comment

broken halo;1234594 wrote: I can't G. But thanks for saying I am not alone. Right now I needed that. I'll be all right, just wish I could sleep. Thanks again
                        Unfortunately the sleep disturbance that booze creates might be something you are just going to have to tough out for now until your body de-toxes and begins the healing process. But if you are concerned, a doctor might be able to help you through these next few days. Do you have a partner or friend who can support you there?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Well, gotta fly. Thinking of you Halo.

Can you get yourself distracted by reading, or maybe watching a movie to take your mind off things?

Keep us posted. See you.

Comment

hugs Piper

Comment

You are definitely not alone Halo. People from around the world are supporting you and sending strength and positive energy to help you through this. You can do this. Stick around here and keep posting. :l

Comment

Working...
                              X