Hello, I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I need help

Thanks, I just made it through a very impossible weekend. I had a party to go to. It's hard to say no when the same guys that hand you a drink are the same who bitch about you being a drunk. I still haven't gotten and antabuse and I'm dreading the coming week.....

RedThread please check your PM.

Bri

Comment

Hello, I need help

I admire that you are on day 3, I am not sure I can make it to day 1.

Comment

Hello, I need help

Bri,

Welcome.

It seems hard from your position, impossible even, to imagine a way out of your current nightmare. Your head spins and just the thought of one more sober hour, one more day without al is enough to do your head in.

It changes and evolves the more days you get under your belt. You can have as many day ones as you want, there is no limit to how many times you start again. You just have to deal with the consequences of going back to the start of the game. Ever play snakes and ladders? Same concept.

The most important distinctions to make to people trying this in the early days is to remember some important things as your brains chemistry begins some rapid changes.

- There is nothing wrong with you. You are not a second class citizen and you deserve the right to pursue an alternative lifestyle if your current one does not work for you.

- anyone who wants you to drink and wont take no for an answer is just covering up their own issues.

- this is an exciting time of your life, you will get the opportunity to discover things about yourself you may never have found. Don't dread what's to come, don't avoid it, rather, embrace it as a natural evolution of your mind, body and soul.

- learn to love yourself, faults and all. You MUST learn to respect yourself and your place in the world.

- never kick yourself for past mistakes. Learn from them but until a time machine is invented whatever you have done in the past is to be left there in the past. You can't fix it, you can't change it and all you can do is learn from it.

- Lastly, smile. Take one minute and walk outside. Stare at the sky, the trees and the birds and just forget the stress. Take that moment to understand that life is an evolution from day one to the end. You choose how you fill in the middle bits. Laugh at your mistakes, smile at the sun and choose your destiny for today.

Good luck.
        I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Hello, I need help

Bri66;1253163 wrote: Thanks, I just made it through a very impossible weekend. I had a party to go to. It's hard to say no when the same guys that hand you a drink are the same who bitch about you being a drunk. I still haven't gotten and antabuse and I'm dreading the coming week.....

RedThread please check your PM.

Bri
          Hi Bri,

the "impossible" weekend wasn't really "impossible" was it? Stay away from guys giving you drinks until you want to turn them down. You can get to that point if you keep moving ahead.

For what it's worth, you keep begging for antibuse like it will make you not want to drink. If you want to drink, the only thing antibuse will do is make you sick if you come in contact with alcohol. This means mouthwash, after shave products etc. so be careful. The key is to make yourself not want to drink. Antibuse isn't a magic cure. Write down the reasons why you want to stay sober and start focusing on them. Each day gets easier, and come to this forum and use it and take action everyday to train your brain until you feel alcohol doesn't have to be part of your life.

Easier said than done, but not impossible.

Comment

Hello, I need help

Hi Bri,
            I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? Please let us know how you are...and did you ever get in to see your doctor?
            :h
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello, I need help

Hey Bri check in we wanna know how you are doing!

Comment

Working...
              X