Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like some help and encouragement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have posted so many times on MWO and have never received a reply. Therefore I won't say more unitl I receive a response.

Aison

Hi Aison and :welcome:

I had a quick look round and see that a good few people have replied to your other threads. It takes a while to get the hang of navigating round the site. Just click on the links below to view them.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ion-56289.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ion-56290.html
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Im new too

Hi Alison, I am new on here and i have had a few reply's. I would love to hear your story so please reply back and I promise I will respond!:welcome
      Poppykin

Comment

hey i am new on the site and this is very hard. I wish you the best being AF

Comment

this site is comforting, just to know you are not alone. I wish my life was different and I didn't make the same mistakes over and over- but i am fighting with all i have.
          How has it been for you?

Comment

Ditto to Jackie Clares post.

Freedom, what is hard for you? Navigating round MWO? Or something else?

Comment

Hi Aison,
              Welcome to MWO! I hope you are doing okay. Why don't you tell us what's going on, that way we can give you the support and encouragment you are asking for. We're more than happy to help!
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

:welcome:
                I found the same too. But Molly & JAckie have been very kind to me - I FAIRLY new - still at the sauce but getting optimistic

Comment

TRITTO!!! To JC and RAGS post. Stick around:h:lG

Comment

[QUOTE=mollyka;1257213]Hi Aison, I'm so sorry you have not received a reply before.
                    Thank you MollyKA. Maybe I'm beginning to catch on to using this site. I live in Pennsylvania so I'm in Eastern Time. I'm still curious about why there are zeros on messages sent and received beside my name. But it doesn't matter a lot as long as I am sending and receiving. Are you in England? I spent four months there and also was a student there one summer. Bye for now.

Comment

The zero you are seeing is for whats called Private Messages.....Messages that can only be seen by the people that send the message, and the people that get the message.

When people respond to a post of yours, it shows up in the order they were typed, right under your original post.

Look at the solid blue line about 1/3 of the way down the page. It has the words....User CP Live Chat Blogs keep going till you see Quick Links......click that......the drop down will appear, click on Today's Posts, and you will see all the posts since your last visit
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

my story in a nutshell

K9Lover;1262195 wrote: Hi Aison,
                        Welcome to MWO! I hope you are doing okay. Why don't you tell us what's going on, that way we can give you the support and encouragment you are asking for. We're more than happy to help!
                        K9
                        Many thanks to all of you who replied to me. I am slowly getting the hang of this. I am not retarded but sometimes feel like it when I get into some of the computer sites and programs.
                        About me: I always liked to drink and realized after about two years of drinking that I was an alcoholic and knew that I would have to be careful which I was for a long time. I was about 22 at that time. For about the next 20 years I was mostly a weekend drinker, and sometimes I would realize that I had been much too drunk the last few weekends and so I would slow down.
                        At about age 40 I became overwhelmed by life, its circumstances, and gave into the booze very heavily: about 2 or 3 half gallons of vodka weekly plus a half gallon of wine. AND STILL WORKED. That amazes me. I'd drop dead at those amounts today. When I realized that my job might be in jeopardy, I went on a drinking schedule which was two drinks on Wednesdays and all I wanted on Fri. and Sat. That worked well.
                        Eventually, however, I went to a rehab. I was scared. I loved what that experience in the rehab did for me. For example, I gained much insight into myself, and I quick drinking. When I left the rehab, I went to the airport, went to the first bar I saw, and ordered a coke. That was it. I knew I had won.
                        I did not drink for the next 7 years even though I never changed any of my other habits. I hung out with the same friend, I went to discos just as I had previously, and danced my ass off. I never drank, never was tempted, could have cared less.
                        Then I went to Italy and had wine with dinner every evening. When I came back, I resumed not drinking. My partner at the time would occasionally have wine with dinner. I said no I can't, but eventually said okay. For about a year I had a glass of wine now and then. Then I got hooked, and here I am.
                        I am not really a heavy drinker now, not to other alcoholics, but I drink much too much: between a pint and half pint daily. Ideally I should give it up entirely; however what I'm seeking right now is to not drink at home by myself, but to have wine at dinner with friends.
                        I certainly shot myself in the foot. Returning to not drinking is 100 times harder now than it was my first time around.

I guess I should put this in 'my story.'

Aison

Comment

Aison,

Most people on the site are trying to not drink, so I'm not sure exactly how much they can advise you on your attempt to moderate. Most of us have tried and failed to moderate. Here is a link to the thread for moderation. I don't visit it, so I'm not sure how active it is, but you can take a look.

Monthly Moderation - My Way Out Forums

Best to you.

Comment

k9lover

K9Lover;1262195 wrote: Hi Aison,
                            K9
                            Hi,
                            I sent you a message yesterday, 2/15. Just wondering if you received it. I hope so.

Aison

Comment

I've had the same experience. Like even here people form cliques and if you're not in, you're not in.
                              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X