help now please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help now please

i am on day one. i need somebody to talk to right now.
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

help now please

i just need somebody to talk to, starting to feel really desparate, cravings are hitting me hard

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

help now please

Just wanted to see how you are doing IC? Can I help? I've been there before and it is not nice.
      :lTDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

help now please

TDN - i'm not doing good. I don't think I can make this attempt stick, this is absolutely hideous and it's only gonna get worse as the night goes on. I'm on day 2 n just feel absolutely destroyed already...

Comment

help now please

Can you go somewhere for help with the withdrawal symptoms? If you can keep it together for the next 24 hours, you'll be through the worst of it.
          Ginger

You are here:
          sigpic

Comment

help now please

Inchains, congrats on making it a day, and maybe by now two! Remember that the first days without it are physical and psychological withdrawal. After a few days, you should feel physically better although you may get headaches. How much have you been drinking?

Are you still AF? Let us know. Keep stopping, never stop stopping the drink. I have kept at it for almost a year and even though I've gone back and gotten sunk, I've been able to get out again and stay out for a few days, a couple of weeks, or more at a time. Sometimes its less, sometimes its more. But having AF time instead of constant drunk/hungover time helps you get stronger over time. It has helped me. My stomach is healing, my head is clearer even when I'm hung over. I'm not quite as fat. So don't despair, just keep quitting. It will get better and worse and better and better and worse and better and better and better. See that means more betters over time.

Hang in there! :h

Comment

help now please

slipped guys, i'm sorry. i ahve done alot of quits, nothign this bad before, been dirnking i guess about 10 units average a night, not alot for some people, an awful lot for me...

Comment

help now please

Hey Inchy, sorry things are not going well for you. You have gotten dry before and you can do it again, everything will seem a little clearer in the morning.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

help now please

Inchains - don't beat yourself up mate

Okay so you slipped up...we all do it. Your last post was at 8pm it's now 8.10 UK time so you can't have done that much damage mate.

What are you drinking? If it's spirits can you dilute them with more mixer? Wine with soda... a couple of drinks isn't the end of the whole, okay if you're trying to abstain, then that may seem like you've blown it, but you've managed 2 days AF and that's a start.

Don't beat yourself up mate, if you really can't stop now you've started and we all know that the hardest thing of all, then just start again with the AF free tomorrow.

Be positive if you've had 2 AF days already, you've cut down by 20 units (if you normally have 10 each day) and that's a good thing, it's a start, we all have to start somewhere.

If you're going to continue tonight then go ahead and don't make yourself feel guilty, but promise yourself you'll try again tomorrow and if you only manage 1 more day AF this week, then you'll have done 3 AF in your 1st week.... small steps mate.

If you want to chat I'm here for a couple of hours....take care :l

Comment

help now please

'fraid i royally screwed up, feeling... well more depressed but at least i'll sleep n i won't twitch n be the mess i was today right? until thursday that is when i'm back on day one again...

Comment

help now please

Inchy (I liked that nickname) think of it as inches (or centimeters). When you go AF drink lots of water and find something to occupy yourself. I literally went to bed and read a book the first few nights, anything to stay away from booze-my hubby is still drinking.

Just keep coming back here hon, we are all in your corner!

Comment

help now please

Inchy (I like that name too), the cycle will keep repeating itself until you break it. Sounds like you are drinking to avoid the discomfort of stopping, not because you are enjoying it. I highly suggest going to the doctor. I know you don't want it on your medical records, but getting help is a positive thing. An employer would see you as someone that has taken the initiative to get better. Just my opinion though. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

help now please

i drink because if i don't i get depressed n stop sleeping, you're right about that much k9. my doctor is useless but i've taken the decisiont o see a counselor at uni and look into local aa meetings come thursday, i need to do this...

Comment

help now please

Good for you Inchy. Keep pushing back against it. I think the counselor and a support group will help you a lot.
                            Ginger

You are here:
                            sigpic

Comment

help now please

haha, I promise myself all the help in the world when I'm drunk...

Comment

Working...
                              X