In a bad place :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Been a while since I was last here, but am in a really bad place right now. My drinking has again spiralled out of control. It is worse than ever. I have lost yet another job, I'm not eating, am shaking more than ever and am drinking at least a bt of vodka a day. Have lost a whole week this week drinking morn, noon and night.
    I'm close to giving up to be honest.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Come ON Cy...we are here .you know the routine and you must still care if you are reaching out to us
    dumpt the vodka love and try to remember what you are thankful for after you rest
    can you get into a rehab center or hospital???
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Cymru, I and many others here have been in exactly the same spot as you are now. And many here have kept on trying and have succeeded, are succeeding or are drinking much less. There is hope - there really is. Whatever you do , don't stop trying to quit because some day you will succeed. I hope it's soon.
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Hi Cy,

I know the feeling of considering just giving up on life very well. It has appeared to be an attractive option to me in the past, and only recently. But i realise now with a clearer head, this is the booze talking, not me. Giving up is not my truth. Giving up is not my true path, or the real me. My giving up thoughts were my minds thinking when i had alcohol in my system. It has also been my thinking at times when i thought alcohol was out of my system, but booze was still there in my thinking, as i felt deprived rather than happy and free. This misery is not for you Cy. It is a lie an illusion and a trap. It is not you brother.

You sound like you are at rock bottom there, and it sounds like you need support to get off the grog and take your life back. Can you get to a rehab? Can you talk with a doctor and take some action?

You are a good man, and a good dad. Get back to the true you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Cy - You are a gorgeous talented guy with so much going for you, you have a wonderful daughter who absolutely adores you and to whom you are a fantastic Dad. You have done it before and you can do it again. Start with small steps and keep checking in. Can you stop drinking today and set yourself a goal of staying AF tomorrow.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Cy, I don't know you but just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you. I hate alcohol and what it does to us. For the last year and a half I've battled trying to quit (drank for decades), and am coming up on 90 days AF. I would never have believed I could do this. I hope you can get some AF time put together so you have some clarity with which to view your life. It doesn't have to be like this. :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Cy and WELCOME BACK!! Like the others have already said, this darkness you feel now is the booze talking. Most of us (maybe even all of us) here have had to go at this sobriety thing multiple times before we finally figured out our way out. Don't be afraid to try again. The miracle is there.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I'm drinking tnt, but am trying to eat. I'm going to go back to AA and get a sponsor and give it 100%, cause otherwise I'll be dead by the end of the yr. My liver is destroyed. Seeing doc on wed and hopefully he can help me as he is a recovered alcoholic!
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

You have been here before and you pulled yourself out of it, the problem is that every time it gets harder and the more you lose. I truly do believe you will die if you don't stop drinking, I think that is a foregone conclusion, it is your choice but whats different for you is that you have a reason to get better, a reason to want to live and a reason why life is worth living. She is 12 years old and thinks the sun shines out of her Daddy's arse. Don't let her see you kill yourself with booze. She deserves more, YOU deserve more.
                  There is a life for you if you want it, use us, use MWO, post like before, read, work it, you know the drill Cy.

Be honest with the doc, tell him about the depression and the height of the drinking and be honest.

We are here for you and you can do this.
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Cy - :l
                    Sending you strength...you know you CAN do this!
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thank you everyone. It truely means alot to me. Feeling very lonely at the moment.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sending vibes of strength and sanity your way Cy :l
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Cy,

I can feel your despair. My heart breaks for the position you find your self in. I have been there. There is a way out. This is the end game and a decision needs to be made.

I am not hear to sugar coat the reality. You know as well as I do that the 24 hour cycle reduces your life to snippets of minutes here, minutes there and bad decisions everywhere.

If you don't stop you will die. This year, next year or the year after, at some stage you will cease to exist and your family, especially your daughter, will be left with a wound on her heart that will never be healed. You will scar your child for life and remove one of the most important people a little girl can have.

Look around and understand that by drinking your self stupid it is an almighty slap in the face to your daughter. she needs and deserves her father.

You can do this, you have the strength and ability to end this nightmare one day at a time.

Fight for your right to exist.
                          I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Cy, you have been missed. I agree with all the other postings. Can u get help thru your detox and then make a plan.

My plan includes everything from waking, making coffee, bathing, dog walking, etc. It helps to structure your life, instead of freefalling and hoping for the best.

Take care, and i u get into horrible withdrawls seek
                            medical assistance - please.

Your daughter is worth it.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Don't give away your power. Make a decision in your favor.
                              vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Working...
                              X