I failed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I failed.

Thanks Jane for the kind words, :land for everyone's comments as well. :h I'm not sure how many days I've been AF now because of the leap year but I think I'm over two weeks. Which means to me that I'm feeling back on track. I'm not thinking about Alcohol at all anymore and it feels like the slip didn't happen. I feel "normal" again. And I am SO thankful. I haven't been around AL at all these past couple of weeks and I am so glad to have my AF life back. I still have kept this to myself and it's been better that way for me to deal with. I was kinda forced to not dwell on it.. (accept for here.. safe place) I still think I'll tell my husband but maybe once I've hit my 5 year mark. At the end of the day it was my problem and in the past we had gotten a bit co-dependent and I just really didn't want that to happen. As far as the groomsmen... they were kind of fading out of his life anyway.. and he pretty much thinks they are immature and possibly jealous of him setting down. Regardless we don't have time for it. I'm really glad, I was sick of that pressure.. I always knew it was dumb.. but when you hang out with people who don't support or even just respect your choice not to drink I think it can take a toll.. especially when It was a substance that I really wanted even when it hurt me.

And... not that I was planning on drinking anyway, but I have the best reason to be sober now. I am pregnant. A lot of big changes in my life since going AF. I'm in my late 30's so I feel pretty relieved at the moment that I could conceive. I'm really glad I don't have to struggle giving up drinking and smoking right now. It took a lot of hard work to get here, and there is no way I could have done it alone. :thanks: guys :l

Comment

I failed.

What a great reason to be sober! Congratulations! What happy news. And today should be your 18th AF day. :h

Comment

I failed.

Choice, I have always read your posts and followed your journey since first coming here - you have been an inspiration - that hasn't changed; what happened is a stark warning to us all......
        And, doesn't God work in mysterious ways - a little angel appears to help you on your journey!!!!! I am absolutely delighted to hear your great news (if not a tinsy bit jealous..)!!!! :h
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I failed.

Congrats all the best to you and the new present. YAY

Comment

I failed.

Hey I am new here too. I feel your pain Choice and I agree with Fluff. Weddings are wonderful but can be very stressful as well. I applaud all of your efforts and do not want you to beat yourself up, and believe in yourself cause you are worth the effort. I have only had 4 days of sobrity so. I think you have done very well. Azure

Comment

I failed.

Choice - just read your news, congratulations.

Comment

I failed.

Congratulations Choice!!! What a fantastic reason to stay sober!:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

I failed.

This thread caught my eye this evening and I've just read it from the beginning.
                  Choice, may I first say - congratulations!!! How happy I am for you and your new spouse. Your news actually had tears leap to my my eyes, because the beginning of your thread was so heartfelt and miserable. But here you are - back figuring things out and with the bestest of things to celebrate!

I've been married more than 40 years. So may I say, IMHO, there is nothing wrong with keeping your 'slip' to yourself for now. It's a very mature decision that takes into account a lot of factors. Just because we are married does not mean sharing every single shred of our lives, especially when one of those 'shreds' could do harm to our loved one. As you've said, at some future time, when you both have more confidence in your AF life, is time enough. And, if not, so be it.

18 months! You are an inspiration. Continued succcess to you.
                  Tell me, what is it you plan to do
                  with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

I failed.

Choice - Congratulations! That is a piece of good news for the day, great to hear! Thanks for sharing - lovely....
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I failed.

Congrats Choice!
                      I'm very happy for you
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I failed.

Choice, I just saw this news - congratulations! So happy for you!!!

Comment

I failed.

That's wonderful choice! What a fabulous unfolding of events!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I failed.

Wow, Choice, that is fantastic and definately a motivating factor in staying sober and healthy.
                            Congratulations!
                            R4L
                            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

I failed.

good for u choice

Comment

Working...
                              X