125mg of Antabuse this AM, a slug of Nyquil tonight - OOPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bruun. Glad you got through that situation OK. I hope your cold gets better soon!!!

:l

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks MyLife and DG!

Comment

Hi Bruun and All,

I have not checked back this site for ages.
        I just came to the conclusion this week that I need Antabuse. So I came back and I saw
        your thread. I am happy that you are OK with your start, after all!
        The USA medical system just made me laugh again this morning.
        I am trying to find a way to get Antabuse. I was looking quite a few websites but they seems to be very expensive. I thought maybe I will get a prescription for it and get it cheaper.
        So I called up Walgreens to see how much do they sell it for if I could get a prescription for it
        since I have a card from them what I have purchased when DR. L. was prescribing Bac for me.
        I was told that 30 pills ( 250 mg) would be $106!
        What?
        Are they insane?
        I have told to the Walgreen's pharmacist that I can buy it on the internet much cheaper without prescription!
        He told me: "You can buy anything on the internet much cheaper".

So why anybody would go to Walgreens? They are very overpriced to start with.
        And if they can not sell prescription drugs with competitively priced, only a moron
        should buy from them anything!
        I think this pill should be free or subsidized by any reasonable country!
        Not here! Not now!
        The Doctor's income is more important than human's life!
        I am mad!
        again,
        Hello Bruun!
        Where do you get your Antabuse from if I may ask?
        I hope you are well, beside AL.

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

Hi Doggygirl,

Can you please adopt me?
          I want to be where you are!
          Or wherever that picture is!
          I am tired to live in Florida!

Need a sweeter place!

Maybe Costa Rica?

Comment

I'm just wondering, what does Antabuse do to your body that adding alcohol would make you so violently ill? Is it not also doing some minor damage of it's own??

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

I was concerned about this too - but I couldn't find anything that really deterred me from trying it. I did read warnings it can cause liver damage for some people - but so can Tylenol - so I figured I would get a blood test after 30 days to be sure everything is okay. It's been a real lifesaver for me. My only regret is I didn't try it sooner. Below is some information I found about it online.

ANTABUSE (disulfiram) interferes with the normal metabolic degradation of alcohol in the body, resulting in an increased concentration of acetaldehyde in the blood. When a patient undergoing treatment with ANTABUSE drinks alcohol, marked subjective and objective symptoms will be experienced within about 10 minutes. These symptoms are accompanied by pronounced discomfort and persist until the alcohol is eliminated. Reactions to alcohol may occur up to 14 days following withdrawal of disulfiram.
              The marked unpleasantness of an ANTABUSE-alcohol reaction acts as a form of aversion treatment. Consequently, the regular administration of ANTABUSE permits the effective treatment of chronic alcoholics as outpatients.

Comment

Hope you are ok, Can someone please tell me how to PM someone. I would like some advice.

Comment

Just click on their name, and send a mail msg. I'm not sure how to instant PM, if that is available.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                  Sylvia Plath

Comment

Want, I used Alldaychemist.com. I agree with what you expressed!

Antabuse causes an allergic type of reaction but only if you drink alcohol. I think it must be better for you than a quart of gin a day.

I haven't started using it again yet. I have it here but am going AF without it.

Comment

I got mine at River Pharmacy and I think I got the same perscription 30 250 mg pills - for $75. Also, I only take 1/2 pill every other day so that should last a long time.

Comment

Hi Bruun,

Bruunhilde;1273659 wrote: Want, I used Alldaychemist.com. I agree with what you expressed!

Antabuse causes an allergic type of reaction but only if you drink alcohol. I think it must be better for you than a quart of gin a day.

I haven't started using it again yet. I have it here but am going AF without it.
                        I think you are right about the gin or any other stuff.
                        LadyLush and Spacebebe01 sent me message about some other options and I ended up buying 100 pcs of 200 mg tablets for $44.00 It is from 4nrx.com They are in UK. but the
                        medicine comes from Hong Kong. I have chosen the Express shipping for $30. Next time I
                        will order from Alldaychemist.com. Looks like they sell 100 tablets for $35 and that is 250 mg.
                        Not that the price matters, because it is a hell of a cheap way to beat alcoholism.

LadyLush told me that she takes a tablet every other day, since it stays in your system up
                        to 14 days you do not really need to take it everyday.
                        So let's say if you buy 180 pills for $18 plus $25 for shipping, you spend $43 a year to be
                        a non-drinker. I think it is a no-brainer. It cost only 11 cents a day. On alcohol you can spend $43 a day.

I am on my second day of not drinking and definitely stick it out till the Antabuse gets here.
                        I hope you are still doing good.
                        And also hope that LadyLush and Spacebebe01 are still doing good for long long time with AL. Thanks for all the help that I got from you ladies.

I have a question though. Wouldn't it make sense to wear a medical type of bracelet if your
                        taking antabuse?
                        I have found some on eBay. The bracelet is about $17 and the Antabuse charm is about $3. I think a bracelet or medical card is not a bad idea if anything happens while someone
                        takes Antabuse.

Taking Antabuse Medical Alert for Italian Charm Bracelets + Free Medical ID Card | eBay

Just a thought.

Brian

Comment

Want, I think that's a good idea, the charm bracelet. I'd hate for anyone like customers to see it tho. I wonder if antabuse reacts against opiates or other hospital painkillers tho? If not, I guess they wouldn't be serving up IPAs in the hospital ICU.

Comment

Working...
                          X