I'm dying for a drink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm dying for a drink.

I hate this. I can't stop thinking about it.
    I am almost openly weeping I want to drink so bad. Today I feel deprived.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

I'm dying for a drink.

Hi, Nursie.
    I understand that feeling. I know you've been doing really well, but these cravings can come on all of a sudden. i had a couple of rough days this week, and was just kind of taken by surprise. I kept thinking of my most awful moments due to AL. Consequences I never want to face again. My AA sponsor told me to remember that it isn't AL we are seeking--it is relief. I am wondering what is triggering you now. Something specific? Can you call somebody or get out of the house? Let me know if you want to go into chat and I can meet you there.
    Hang on,
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not sure how many days you have, but you will be upset tomorrow for letting the urge win.......find something to do...out of the house is probably the best bet.

Its all about surfing the urge, and you have to fight it HARD in the beginning, so that it will get easier the longer you do it.......trust me, I was there..........stay strong

Im pullin for ya, and dustin off a Nelz star for your........"I didnt drink last night even though I wanted to" thread
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

I stole this from a Doggygirl post, I trust she wont mind, but this is INCREDIBLE info:

I hope I never forget how hard it was in those early days where just hanging on for another measly AF day meant the world to me. It's a part of the process that we just have to get through in order to reach the part where life starts getting better and better! So you keep hangin' on and don't let AL take one single day away from you. If you are like me, AL has had more than enough days of your life and it's time for YOU!!

I felt compelled to post this in here when I saw it

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Nursie, I hope I am not to late to chime in. Please don't give in to that pointless urge! You are better than that! Listen to Nelz...chat in here, scream, go to library:H, whatever it takes to remain AF.

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

When I want a drink, I think of the day after and how I would feel and also I think on how I would feel if I had a drink. And poof the desire goes away. Its getting farther apart the longer that I have remained af. I had a double birthday dinner tonight and there was AL around. I, my grandma, and my cousin's son was the only ones not drinking (those that did didn't have more then 2 to 3 drinks) and I had no desire to have a drink. I know if I have one, I will likely have more. I just stook with my NA beer and my AF cooler.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Nursie, hang in there!! Rant away but don't drink! Think of the dehydration, the smell of the Al in your mouth tomorrow morning, the bloodshot eyes...just hang in there until morning and you'll be so glad you did. :l:h:h

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Ok whew I made it.
                Thanks everyone for answering so quickly.

I had an outing today with my family, shopping, movie, hustle and bustle errands etc. I was sitting in the movie and out of nowhere I said to myself "I want to have wine with dinner when we get to the restaurant." the whole movie. Then we left and I was starving and irritated.

I thought about all of you. About my 55 days. About Jane being my sober buddy. About all the shit I hate about alcohol.

We got to the restaurant and I abruptly removed the wine/drink list from the table. I ordered water. I was dying of thirst from shopping all day.
                Restaurants are still a big trigger for me. Thank God I wasn't in the Olive Garden or I Wouk have knocked that bitch out.

I am home safe and sober. Chocolate chip cookies and almond milk put me in heaven.

I did not drink. I almost did. I almost caved.

Where's my freakin seltzer...lol
                Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Yay Nursie! Although I would have loved to hear the story of you knocking that bitch out at Olive Garden!

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Thanks for the update!! So happy that you got through it!
                    Now I can go to bed, LOL!!

:lTDN
                    "One day at a time."

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Thanks everyone, I'm definitely feeling the love.
                      And Jane, I really didn't want to let you down!
                      TDN, lol you can go to bed now. Hehe
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Well, well, I was gonna wait till tomorrow, but now you can go to bed with visions of these dancing in your head...

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1796361=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Nursie,

:goodjob:!!!

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Well done! YOU CAN DO IT!
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm dying for a drink.

Nelz;1273748 wrote: Well, well, I was gonna wait till tomorrow, but now you can go to bed with visions of these dancing in your head...
                              :H:H:H I was gonna wave and jump up and down... "NELLLLLLZZZZZIE, that girl needs a star!"

Well done, Nursie. Very well done.
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X