Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On day 11 AF and really want a drink!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On day 11 AF and really want a drink!!!!

Is there something you like about sobriety? I enjoy waking up in the middle of the night and feeling groggy but not crappy groggy. I look out the windows at the night and soak in the feeling that I'm not reeling. Sometimes I'll sit down and just reflect on when I was a kid long before my first drink - and how fresh I felt. With out the poison I feel close to that way again even though its only day 19 today. Then back to bed relishing the room's not spinning and I feel ... normal. Take the time to enjoy the new feeling. Take a deep breath of sobriety.

Addictions create a new pathway in your brain to the pleasure center and the longer you send traffic down that pathway the stronger it gets - its an electro chemical reaction in the brain - if you look at stopping the traffic you will make that pathway wither and shrink. It may be there for the rest of your life but when youve created other paths - healthy ones that are in use all of the time - this one just will grow cobwebs and be obsolete. It does help me to think of it this way, that I'm rerouting things and doing away with an old pathway that goes nowhere.

Comment

Working...
    X