In a bad place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a bad place

I feel terrible, I had several weeks of sobriety, then blew it and got caught driving, I am so very ashamed and guilty, just had to share, these are the worst days of my life.....

In a bad place

I've been there. Even worse, my son was in the car.

I was ashamed and didn't feel that I deserved any of the support or condolences from family and friends.

A friend told me that I made a bad decision and I can't hold that against myself for the rest of my life. That made me feel better. It was a bad decision with horrible results.

But we are human and make mistakes.

I think mine was a cry for help. Deep down I wondered if people didn't see my pain, couldn't see why I was drinking, or didn't care enough to ask.

I am still ashamed of what I did, but I keep it in the past, where it belongs. Today, I will not drink & drive and I can be proud of myself for making a better choice now.

Heads up, girl. It does get better!
    FIRST MONTH MODDING
    GOAL:
    Go from 4 drinks per day to 2
    RESULT: 39 Drinks
    1.5 Drinks Per Day
    73 Drinks Not Taken!!

Comment

In a bad place

Thanks for your replies I feel this could be a turning point for me.....

Comment

In a bad place

Hi Joesgal,
        I've had 2 DUI's...not exactly my shining moments, but I got past them and all the reprocussions of them. I know it seems hard now, but you can move on. Why don't you tell us more about yourself so we can get to know you? Or go over to the Newbies Nest, you will find lots of experience there.
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

In a bad place

Joesgal, just wanted to welcome you and say that it will get better! I hope it's going to bring you to a better place. :lilheart:

Comment

In a bad place

hang in there... its a tough one but you will get through it

caper
            caper
            AF since Sept 2013...
            :alf:

Comment

In a bad place

oh no! i know how you feel. i just got a DWI a little over a month ago. please try and stay sober while you are dealing with all of this. it will make it all that much better i promise. please pm me if you need to. soo sorry this happened.
              I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
              sober since 2/4/12

Comment

In a bad place

joesgal;1277574 wrote: Thanks for your replies I feel this could be a turning point for me.....
                That's the right attitude to have! You hold the key. Let this be the turning point. This could have easily been most any of us here.

Comment

In a bad place

Thanks so much to you all for kind messages, they have been such a support to me, I don't feel so alone anymore! hugs to all of you

Comment

In a bad place

Looking for answers.

Well hello everyone. I have been doing really well them all of a sudden I find myself back at square one again. I take kudzu. l-glut, thistle 3 times a day. At first all three worked wonderfully keeping me from drinking, But. the last week I have drank to excess three days and am now feeling the guilt shame etc.... the combination that worked at first does not seem to have the same effect. I will admit it money is one of the issues. Plus living with a problem drinker is terrible. I get support from friends and check in daily but that does not take care of the magic hour from 5 to 7. I am wondering if any one has ordered anti craving meds on line and the dosage; I am desperate. I cannot go through this without help and I know this now. I am in a very troubled place with my life right now. I want to be free of the yuckiness. I hope someone will answer this post and shed some light.

I cannot afford a doctor visit right now. I will be able to purchase the meds next week sometime. I know from experience that If I am not around it I wont do it. I am truly needing some answers, Please help. :upset:

Comment

In a bad place

azurmyst, I really feel for you, I know exactly what you mean about the yuckiness.....but as someone said to me recently, this too will pass. Not much comfort I know, but I just keep thinking that it is true and I hope and pray that it will for you as well. I was able to get the kudzu etc on this website, I wish you well in your recovery hang in there

Comment

In a bad place

Azurmyst I haven't taken any prescription meds for this, but I think you'll get more answers if you ask your questions in the "Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds" section of this site. Best wishes to you.

Comment

In a bad place

thanks fly away and joesgal

Comment

Working...
                          X