On the verge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the verge

Thank you for that great list Guitarista! After 44 days I still sometimes get very strong cravings. this evening was really bad! And I was asking myself what I could do to distract, replace, console that craving monster. I turned the tv on and watched the news, with all the murders, explosions, political crisis and sex scandals, I still wanted a glass of wine! I am going to eat some chocolate, print out your list and stick it in front of the wine cabinet.
    Just Do It !

Comment

On the verge

Hi Nike,
      I agree that watching the news will probably not calm your nerves or anxiety, in fact it will probably increase it. I usually try to avoid TV except for a few select shows that I record (because that way I can fast forward the commercials, those drive me nuts too)! Reading a book and having some comfort food usually works wonders for me. Hang in there, it's rough sometimes but you will get through it. Congratulations on day 44!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

On the verge

Good job, Nursie...

Don

Comment

On the verge

Al, Go AWAY!!!!!!

Dear Nursie,

I hope today is a better day for you. You are my inspiration. Day 44!!! Wow!!!

Please remember all the bad things about your old friend Al. Liar, cheater and stealer!!!! Nothing good will come from a visit with Al! Meanwhile, I believe in the power of L-Glut to get over the hump. Let us know how you are doing!

Hang tough!
          Been-there

Comment

Working...
          X