I am going ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going ahead

I was thinking thet may want to require that type of information to be a memeber here.
    Of course, that could be a HUGE liability issue, and people may not feel safe and anonymous, but this is about the 4th person I have known that did this and it is very upsetting.....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am going ahead

Nursie;1285989 wrote: The forum moderator said there is nothing we can do unless someone has her contact information.
      I've just got the same reply.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am going ahead

dang....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am going ahead

I guess there are privacy issues, but if this Forum has a Need help Asap thread, perhaps members should be registering names addresses and phone numbers with the site administration for this reason. I hope she is ok, just too embarrassed worried and or sick to post.

And yes the forum administrator should be able to trace her to her street and city location as they will have her IP address. Presumably they are trying to do that.

This is really awful, and I just want to thank the people like G-man who immediately and simply posted help sites and numbers for her.

Kaslo
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

I am going ahead

Has anyone heard from sunflower? I hope all is well with her. My father did commit suicide when I was 9 and my brother was 7. My brother and mother found him in our garage while I was at school. It totally devastated us..to this day. I am 41....and just recently began to understand and not feel angry. Please sunflower.... get treatment. Your family needs the true you. My heart goes out to you.

Comment

I am going ahead

It does seem like Admin would go to every length possible to rescue sunflower. Suicide is murder. If someone were posting that they were planning to kill someone else, wouldn't it seem MANDATORY to find/stop that person? Privacy issues are null and void in this situation.

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

I am going ahead

I often feel like Sunflower, it would be so easy - go to slepp and never wake up. But I can't do it because of what it would do to my family and friends (and pets). I know there is hope out there, somewhere; but sometimes the feelings of hopelessnesss are overwhelming. I feel ya Sun, I feel ya. I know how mucch happier I would be without booze yet I have NO control over it, and the anxiety without it is too much to deal with, even with benzos.

Comment

I am going ahead

I am ok

I am ok. Thank you.

Comment

I am going ahead

:l I'm very glad to hear you are ok. So many people care and are worried about you! :l
                    SD
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

I am going ahead

So very glad to hear from you SunFlower.
                      I do hope you have got some help, really sending BIG :l's your way!
                      Thank you for checking in...
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I am going ahead

Very glad to see you have checked in. Like Mom2Three, Iknow how this affects family. i lost my sister to suicide 31 years ago. It was devasting then, and I have not gotten over it in many ways, I miss her still. Dont think your kids are better off without you, because they definetely are not. Anyway sorry you were so damned sad, and I am glad you are ok. kaslo
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

I am going ahead

SunFlower, have you gone to the hospital? Checked in with family? Please take some steps.

Comment

I am going ahead

Oh thank god! Please do get help as trust me, your kids need you, there mummy! I'm here if you just need to get things off your chest! Xxx

Comment

I am going ahead

So glad you checked in. Take care of yourself! I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way. :l

Comment

I am going ahead

Sunflower, we are all so relieved!! Please keep posting and just let us know if we can help you. You have many supportive friends here, and your family needs you.
                                My brother committed suicide 17 years ago, and it was a horrible thing for a family to go through.
                                Hang in there, and PM me if you need/want to.
                                :lTDN
                                "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
                                X