Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband wants me to have one drink with him tonight now Lent is over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage... everything that came to mind has already been said. I do hope you stick to your guns. Frankly, I would be hurt by a demand like that. Mr. Wonderful has his 'glass' of wine every day and doesn't get my issue, either. He still offers wine to me (like last night with dinner) but if he'd ever try to pressure me, I'd rip him a second.... you know.

You've come so far these past few months and you DESERVE support. I hope you will be able to make him see that :l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Willow23;1293633 wrote:

I actually think alcoholism is rife within the NHS - I think a lot of health professionals use it as a crutch -
      :H I work for the NHS myself and am a health professional :H

Thank you everybody for your comments and advice. I am feeling pretty strong and I am determined not to let his attitude influence me. I have a chilled sparkling AF drink lined up for this evening.

I do have some AF wines and I do drink them sometimes but my husband hates them - he prefers the real stuff, so he certainly wouldn't be tempted to share one!

We haven't discussed it all day, if he does start on his own wine I am just going to make no comment ( its not worth it and I think to do this, will have more impact actually) and stick to my own drink.

Of course he may decide not to drink at all and "support" me, who knows. I will let you know what happens. However even if he does remain AF tonight I know he'll drink again soon - and offer me one, so am grateful for all the stored up advice.

It's great to know you are all on my side. I feel he's the odd one out, without this wonderful site I would feel quite isolated.

:thanks:everyone xx

Comment

patrice;1293508 wrote: I'm really sorry for saying this but I think your husband is totally selfish... he doesn't want to have the bottle on his own, knowing you have a problem with AL.. ?? knowing you don't want to drink??
        knowing you have fought hard NOT to drink?? 45 days and then suddenly you can drink again with him to celebrate the end of lent? Beggars Belief!!!
        The fact that he is a Medical Doctor is very sad, he clearly has no idea of addiction, co dependancy or a real life emapthy with people... Don't drink just to keep him company.. you are doing so well, don't let an idiot derail that...
        Sorry don't mean to be disparaging about hubs but really... makes my blood boil!!
        Take care
        Patrice
        ditto!!!!!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Perrire with a Lemon twist........(Sausage...don't be a wiener. ha!) Keep up the good fight. Tony
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

SAUSAGE;1293641 wrote: :H I work for the NHS myself and am a health professional :H

I rest my case LMAO! I hope tonight is ok for you Sausage, you've worked really hard and deserve to be listened to x

Comment

Update
              Mr Sausage has put a bottle of white wine in the fridge to chill ( but not the red stuff I really liked that he mentioned last night) However he has also put a bottle of my AF wine into chill also and told me its there!
              I'm already drinking tonic water with lemon and have no intention of drinking alcohol.
              Thanks for the support guys.

Comment

SAUSAGE;1293740 wrote: Update
                Mr Sausage has put a bottle of white wine in the fridge to chill ( but not the red stuff I really liked that he mentioned last night) However he has also put a bottle of my AF wine into chill also and told me its there!
                I'm already drinking tonic water with lemon and have no intention of drinking alcohol.
                Sausage, do what you need to do for your sobriety and stick to the tonic water or AF wine. Let your OH drink whatever he wants to. It's his problem, not yours. I do think tho' that perhaps he is "getting it" a bit. After all, he did put your AF wine to chill.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I think that he is such a selfish bastard. If he didn't want to drink the bottle by himself, he could have not gotten it or got a smaller bottle. Glad that your not going to cave. People who try the you can moderate, drink with me etc. have a problem with their own drinking, and if you were to drink with him, he wouldn't feel that bad about his drinking because now the focus will be on you.

BTW congrats on the 45 days.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

SAUSAGE;1293740 wrote: Update
                    Sausage is winning the war, one battle at a time. :yougo:

(sad that battles have to happen with spouses....but....whatever, right?)
                    DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Yes, I didn't drink. Am in bed now, having a cup of tea. He had his wine and I had my AF wine and the subject wasn't discussed! Tomorrow we are going away til Friday in our camper van with the kids. That will bring its own challenges as ive never gone away in it before without drinking in the evening. However I will make sure I take a good stock of AF drinks - not sure what Mr Sausage plans to take. I will be able to check MWO on my phone and will try and post occasionally but it won't be easy as its difficult using Internet on my phone plus I might be In remote areas where I can't get a signal for the Internet.

Thanks again for your support everyone.
                      Sausage x
                      Day 45 completed

Comment

YAY SAUSAGE!!!

You have done SO well....I am very proud of you.... and for heavens sake dont get talked into it on your caravan holiday either, Sausy.

BTW....I was married to a doc myself (first daughters father). He thought he and his family were "exempt" from all health problems, and that things like alcoholism, ANY mental disorders etc was for the 'little' people.

I am not saying all docs are like this, but I think they often do see themselves as somewhat better than others, ergo not susceptible to common diseases /social stigmatism such as alcoholism.

Be true to YOU. Its your body, your life. I know you can do it. Besides camping is a TON more fun sober, no hangovers coping with outdoor stuff. Its great.

Hope your hub continues to show some thoughtfulness and respect for you. I believe that trying to talk a non-drinker into consuming AL is disrepectful, a terrible imposition on someone elses personal space.

Kaslo
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Way to go Sausage, I admire you sticking to your guns.....its gotta be be very hard to stay AF when someone is telling you to drink......:goodjob:

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1823091=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
                          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I'm proud of you Sausage!:l:goodjob:
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Way to goooooo!!!!!!! Great job, wow! I know about peer pressure, so I can only image when the peer is your husband. Must be tough, stay strong, stay sober...

Have a good safe trip!

Boh
                              http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Firstly well done on the 45 or more days AF,

Have you ever thought about antabuse..?? that way you defo can't have a drink and he CAN'T push you...??

just a thought..:l

Comment

Working...
                                X