Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arguing with every one of my triggers today

And I seem to be losing.

I haven't lost yet but - between both the exes being in beyond super-califragilistic -excraptildocious - to ENTIRELY new heights - I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Just trust me - Jerry Springer - the Best of Episode. SRSLY

Add kid issues - both sides.

Now - sleep deprivation leading to nit picking and squabbling - and more kid issues preventing and honest conversation of all of the above.

Right now - I hear the siren song of the wine bar. No - I won't feel better tomorrow. No - it doesn't resolve sh*t. It however would numb me from giving a rat's a$$ right in the moment.

Which I suppose is the issue.

Face plant. I can do this. I can do this.
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Things to do instead of drinking when stressed:

Take a long walk
    Go shopping
    Take a long hot bath
    Go to the gym and pound the &%^*# out of the treadmill or something
    Go to a movie
    Read a book
    Call a friend
    Go to an AA meeting
    Write in a journal
    Figure out your ex's passwords and buy a bunch of stuff on e-bay using their account. WAIT!!! I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!!!! :H:H:H
    Clean out a closet/spare room/basement
    Wash your car
    Go through your old clothes and make a donation pile
    Line up some volunteer work

There is LOTS to do instead of drink.

There will ALWAYS be a "good excuse to drink" if that's the way we think, and if that's what we are looking for. "It's Wednesday" was always good enough for me. There is NO reason to drink. None.

OK. Time to suck it up and change the tune in your head. Go do something, OK?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

How you doing PF? Fighting the good fight? Hope you're ok x

Comment

Waah - I did call a friend - but I got left in charge of one of the kids as the SO is crashed for last nights debacle and only 2 hours sleep. I got 4 hours. I can't do anything while she is here but she leaves soon and I can't. And the only friend that has the full back story can't talk more as she's on deadline.

I am hanging in - but it's grim. Just took every anti craving supplement I have in high dose. Hopefully they will all kick in soon...
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hey Prairie!

What a situation. It is all managable and you CAN get through this day sober. I can see how difficult it is for you though.

Can you remember and focus for a bit on your recent glorious, magnificent AF time? Remember what it felt like. You know that we will often get life thrown up at us in all its gory or glory.

It's ALL in our thinking, in our head. What can you do now to distract yourself, and get yourself out of this thinking rut?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hey pf - you still around? I'll talk!
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

I don't want to point out the obvious, but have you eaten? When the kid leaves, can you use some of your hypno cd's???
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Need to eat - will eat soon when SO get's back from dropping her off.

Hopefully we can take a moment of kid-free, Craptastic EX free time - to figure out WTF was that whirlwind and what to do about it. To tired to make the long drive home - would surely ditch the old girl - so I am staying for sure and leaving early.

But if stuff hits the fan - into the Hypno's I go. Will feel better if we have some kind of agreement on a go-forward plan in dealing with our respective crazies but if not - I have a lot of thinking to do.

I may have to hypno myself into a whole new level. And work out like a freak for the next two weeks since I will be home. But to tonight could be a very long night.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hey PF.

Hang in there mate. Cool you've got the hypno CD's at least for a different focus?

Are there folks in chat?

You can see this through sober. Sending all the positive vibes your way i can muster.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ok - I am on my way to bed and I have survived - AF.

This one was hard.

Thanks to you all.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Well done PF.. you will sure feel much better tomorrow
                      Patrice

Comment

Bravo PF! One day at a time.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Bravo Prarie....... I sooooo feel you!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well PF I said I'd do a happy dance when you got to a week,AF.

So here goes.........

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That's how it's done PF. Great job......once you get past more and more difficult situations you won't want to compromise your sobriety for anything. Stay strong......so glad you overcame! Alcohol doesn't make anything better.....the short-term fix is way too big a price for the long term problems it causes. :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X