• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arguing with every one of my triggers today

Well done PF! :goodjob:

Comment

WTG PF now this morning I bet you woke up hangover free. Just remind yourself on why you quit and think of how you were to feel if you were to cave in. When the craves come in for me (which are getting father apart and weaker) I just think of why I quit, and think of a real bad hangover and it works. I had a small crave Sunday and wanted to have some beer, but I said no it will just make me sick and besides I don't drink anymore and poof it went. It only lasted a few seconds. And the longer that you remain sober, the easier it will be and the cravings will get weaker and not occur as often.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Well you've sure shown me how it's done!
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I had my reasons not to drink in my head lined up so when I finished my long drive home - I made it through the liquor section at the grocery store without buying anything - on my way to the food I needed. it wasn't easy - but I did it. Week 1 done and dusted and Day 8 rapidly approaching.

Thank you all for your support.
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X