Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Hi Sausage & Everyone : )

Had a great day with my BFF and my new doggie named SweetPea : ) I live in Southern California and the weather is starting become summer. We hung out at the dog park and SweetPea had a blast, she is 10 pound terrier mix and she is the delight of my life. Wow, you are a runner and whoa you had better PB then me : ) I just ran a half marathon about a month ago and well didn't do so well, the main reason because at the last 2 miles of the course, they decided to add a LONG hill and I DON'T LIKE HILLS!!! I am looking forward to getting my body back to normal and hope that this week I can get out for a few 5 mile runs.

Hey, today is Day 73 for you..CONGRATS!!! Wow, I can't wait to get to the double digits and triple and so on and so on......I am have definitely have such gratitude for not drinking today and thank my god for giving me the strength. I am sure that by time I hit AF Day 50, there will be many other changes and I am so looking forward to it.

In conclusion, this time I am going to stick to my program of not drinking and also work on the other issues in my life. Thank you for joining me in this journey and I too, look forward to hearing about yours.

Hugs,
    Janet
    AF Day 5
    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Hi janet
      My very best BFF is Janet and she has 2 years plus... That's around 730 plus days.... Maybe you are a sign.
      She is definitely planet Janet which is why I love her . Let me scarlet Ohara and think about that tomorrow.
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

I am hoping to jump in here a little late.
        PlanetJanet - I'm in So Calif too. Been nice weather lately. What dog park do you go to? I've been wanting to take our dogs to the dog park but haven't done it yet. I think there is one in Long Beach.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

I've tried so many of these threads only to fail...but, what the heck, I'll give it another go-so, day 1 for me.
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Count me in! Day 1 for me as well.
            ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
            -----------------------------------
            Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Hello, I would like to start again today. Hi Irie, we've gotta do it this time.

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

come join us over in MAYkin it Sober
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Hi Janet and everyone

Good to see others joining in the thread.

Day 74 for me - it does get easier - I promise. I'm actually starting to look forward to my soft drink / mug of tea in the evenings ( whereas previously the only thing I looked forward to was wine.)

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Hi Everyone,

Wow, that's awesome that people want to join in, the more the merrier. Today was a good day, wow it's so nice to get up in the morning, instead of sleeping till noonish and then walking over to the mini mart to get wine. My doggie SweetPea is loving it too, she gets to go out for her walks, instead of the backyard which is nice but she likes to see other doggies....that little flirt...LOL I went to the library today to get some tutorial books to brush up on my software programs, have a interview with a job agency on Thursday that has a temp to hire position and I got another call back today from another place that I submitted my resume to over the weekend. I can't believe I am in this job search rut again, all because I decided to drink...gggrrrrrh!! Anywho, that's the one thing I feel bad about but what can I do, it's the past....better to move forward. I need to change my of way of thinking and visualize myself in my new life...sober, great job and new friends. I am very confident that I will find a job soon and this time I plan on not messing it up.

So....how is everyone doing? Anything you would like to share? Tomorrow I will ride my bike to the park and do my first 5 mile run and I am really excited.

Congrats Sausage on Day 74! Do you plan on treating yourself to a nice treat when you reach 80 or 100? I plan to treat myself to a sushi (I LOVE SUSHI) dinner with my BFF.

Nora, I go to a dog park in Encino and it's really nice. I heard of a dog park on the beach located in your area or maybe it's Huntington Beach.

Anywho, I am pooped and will be heading to bed...hope everyone is doing well! Please share your thoughts as to how you are doing.

Mama, I will also be signing onto the thread you suggested too.

Lots hugs,
                    Janet
                    AF Day 6 (4 more days til I get to the double digits..wahooo)
                    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Great to see this thread up and running, a 30 day challenge, with others support really does help! Keep plugging away people and remember URGES PASS!
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I can't write too much because I have job interview tomorrow morning but I wanted to make sure to sign on to say hello. Congrats Sausage on your AF Day 75! Today is AF Day 7 and so far things are going well. I am very confident in saying that it won't be long before I start work again.

Anywho, hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

Hugs,
                        Janet
                        AF Day 7 (three days till I reach the double digits..wahoo)
                        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Hello Everyone Day 11 AF. Congratulations sausage wow 75 days is huge! I am really craving some wine right now and want to go and get some so badly. I keep picturing it and can't think of anything else. grrr
                          Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Angel,

Hang in there...URGES PASS! They really do.

Try the Gratitude V Deprivation mode..

Instead of saying

"Oh this is so crap, I want wine now, it is so horrible having a drink problem, why oh why can I not have a drink like other people"

Turn it on it's head and say

"Isn't this wonderful, I am not drinking, I am recovering, my body is getting better. I look better, i feel better, I can get thru this day with no alcohol, I AM IN CONTROL."

You CAN do this Angel, stay strong, stay close to the boards and we will help you.

A craving DOES NOT mean you hvae to have a drink...ride it out.

You will be dead proud of yourself!

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Thanks one2many, I think I will follow my own advice that I just told someone else. Haha I might go and make something to eat. That's a really good way to look at it actually. I need to be more positive I guess!
                              Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Anyone Up For 30 Day AF

Ok,

Remember HALT aswell

Hungry
                                Angry
                                Lonely
                                Tired

This tried and true slogan helps us to stay in touch with our feelings and needs. Sometimes the onset of anxiety or a sudden drop in mood can be traced to our having forgotten to eat so our blood sugar levels are off kilter. Sometimes we may be carrying a resentment, or feeling lonely, or we are just too tired. Taking a little time out from our busy day to ask ourselves if we are feeling too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired, gets us in touch with our feelings. When we know what we are feeling we can make choices and take the appropriate action to get our needs for food, companionship, or rest, met.

Being too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired, are conditions that leave us more vulnerable to the temptations that lead us away from recovery. Part of recovery is learning to pay attention to these inner signals and practice appropriate ways to meet our needs and resolve issues in a manner that will enhance our abstinence and serenity.

Go and get something to eat woman lol!!!

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X