NALTREXONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NALTREXONE

thanks for your responses. i got a bit freaked out by the first reply. ive not been posting much lately and had intended trying to diarize to some extent my experience with nal, not be made to feel like a sad loser (i can do that well enough myself). it took a long time for me to decide to commit to nal so im gonna stick with it.
    anyway, i did have another beer... and more. when i posted i was having mad mad cravings so i went with my usual way of giving in. having said that, after another beer i did feel a lot less crazy craving. maybe if i had really put my mind to it i could have stopped, something i would never be able to do.... one sniff of the cork and im away. also i managed to get into my pyjamas, and i didnt wake up next to a glass/bottle of anything (only orange juice) so to some extent that is progress. i have been stringing together quite a few af days so hopefully it will be a little while before i take it again. im sticking with the sinclair method, and will exercise more mental strength next time. i think i was wanting to just see how it went.
    i do feel the fact that i im trying something new will give me more focus. ill pop over to the meds section with my ramblings, as i explained i only came on to the urgent section in the hope of some fast info...... damn the time differences.
    thanks again. extinction here i come (gotta have faith)
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

NALTREXONE

glad that you came back on and hope to hear more from you. xx

Comment

NALTREXONE

Just remember this was/is your first time trying it, took me many drinking session on nal before I was 'cured', however I did also notice subtle differences right from the start. It just won't cure your cravings for a while yet, so don't expect because you've had the pill that you won't experience it - you will and there'll be times when you think it's not working and you are drinking as you did in the past.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

NALTREXONE

LibraryGirl is a kind, sweet natured person that meant no harm, I am sure. She is definitely not nasty or rude. Let's not be so quick to judge.
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

NALTREXONE

K9Lover;1312050 wrote: LibraryGirl is a kind, sweet natured person that meant no harm, I am sure. She is definitely not nasty or rude. Let's not be so quick to judge.
            Her response certainly wasn't any of those things K9. If there are people coming to the HELP ASAP thread, they should not be spoken to like that. That's judgmental.
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

NALTREXONE

I'm not engaging in any verbal battles.

I'll leave this thread to those of you that enjoy that sort of thing...based on other threads, I know who it will be.

Best of luck Spuds...I do know of your battles and I hope to catch up with you on another thread. Stay strong!

Comment

NALTREXONE

No verbal battles here K9, we are all entitled to have our say, just like you had yours, I had mine.
                My main concern is for people who really need help, hence my comments to support Spud and not to stand up for someone else.
                All the best to you on your own journey.

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

NALTREXONE

Oh and Check in Spuds when you can and let us know how it is going for you x.

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

NALTREXONE

QUOTE=K9Lover;1312050]LibraryGirl is a kind, sweet natured person that meant no harm, I am sure. She is definitely not nasty or rude. Let's not be so quick to judge.
                    I dont know how you can say that from what she said to someone asking for help.
                    K9Lover;1312115 wrote: I'm not engaging in any verbal battles.

I'll leave this thread to those of you that enjoy that sort of thing...based on other threads, I know who it will be
                    what the hell does that mean, you come on here to back up someone who has been offensive and then say you will leave this thread to those who enjoy that sort of thing, what sort of thing, you mean the kind of thing you and Library Girl has just started..

It is probably good that you leave this thread to the people who want to try to help and support others in need

Comment

NALTREXONE

Love and strength to you Spuds...
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

NALTREXONE

Comment

NALTREXONE

Spud, we have a member here who has been on Naltrexone for a while using the TSM method. She's a long time member and doesn't post often anymore but you could check her old posts. Her name is KatieSmiles and she is a lovely person.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

NALTREXONE

I'm sorry Spuddleduck to you and anyone else I offended. I was not myself on Saturday, and was suffering terribly from a stomach ailment. No excuses, but just an explanation and NO I was not drinking.

It just hit me wrong that someone was talking about drinking and how they couldn't hardly wait to open another, and also asking for advice...I don't know anything about Nal...? but I have read where others have taken it, and just continued drinking. It seemed, at the time, to be a way around doing the difficult thing and that is, to quit, give it up, stop drinking. I drank every single day, a half of a gallon and I quit without using drugs. I guess it just hit me wrong while I was sick as a dog. It still does, lol.

I'm not going to post in this thread anymore. I apologize.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

NALTREXONE

LibraryGirl;1312523 wrote: It seemed, at the time, to be a way around doing the difficult thing and that is, to quit, give it up, stop drinking. I drank every single day, a half of a gallon and I quit without using drugs. I guess it just hit me wrong while I was sick as a dog. It still does, lol.
                              I'm sorry you were so ill, LG. Being physically impaired really effects how I respond to people too. Naltrexone has shown to be quite effective for some people. It is a kind of opiate blocker that blocks the good feelings from AL, so you're not supposed to try to stop drinking on it. It definitely is counterintuitive for someone in recovery. I thought it was crazy the first time I heard of it. But a lot of people have found their way out using it.

It's good to hear that you are feeling better.
                              Ginger

You are here:
                              sigpic

Comment

NALTREXONE

Fair Play LG, sorry you were not feeling well, I am also not at my most tolerant when I am ill.
                                I didn't use meds either and in the beginning was a bit dubious of the whole meds thing but I have seen people on here have great success on it, so whatever works.

I hope you are feeling better.

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X