Amazed that Alcohol is legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kradle - You couldn't have picked a better "date"...that G-Bloke is quite a guy! :h

Now...pick a quit alcohol date :l
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1314153 wrote: Kradle - You couldn't have picked a better "date"...that G-Bloke is quite a guy! :h

Now...pick a quit alcohol date :l
      Lawdy Lawdy! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Of course I know that alcohol is a drug, I was addicted to it for most of my life, I also know the damage it can do to people around the alcoholic, I have caused all kinds of apin to my family tho my drinking. How are you saying that alcohol should be made illegal tho, I always used to want that when I spent years white knuckling it, it would have made it so much easier for me if alcohol would just dissapear, but thats not going to happen.

If your concirned about your kids drinking then you have to do something about that, the same way you would have to do something about their car theft, smoking, crack use or anything else they get themselves involved in. I accept that alcohol is socially acceptable and some of the others arnt, although that depends upon where you live and other factors but that doesnt mean it should be made illegal. It is a natural product, we can make it in our homes from fruit and veg if we so wanted, how the hell is society going to police that when the police cant keep control of criminals as it is.

I do have to add the human cost in illegal drugs is high, its not just the lives that are lost from the addict themselves, it is the lives that are lost and affected by the whole creation, shipment and selling of the drugs. Would you prefer crime lords to make the stuff your kids drink rather than legal brewerys. I think not, then you would have a whole other load of worrys, and if you think the government raise the prices with taxes then I dread to think what the pushers would charge. Prohibition didnt work did it? if it did no one in America would drink.

Comment

Heroin and Cocaine are natural products too. You can also make crack in your home, lol.

Just saying...

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

K9Lover;1314061 wrote: . And the reason I was reminded of the film was because of the ludicrous ending,
            Can you tell me where the ludicrous ending in the posts was, I dont think the ending of the fild from the description you have given me was ludicrous, it sounds tragic to me

Comment

I think you make crack from cocaine dont you, which you have to buy

Comment

you can make crack out of cold meds. cocaine comes from cocoa leaves.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

we must be talking about something different here in UK crack comes from cocaine, not many people here grow cocoa trees, to then make cocaine from the leaves to then turn it into crack. You would have to own a palm house I think, not sure if that would work tho.

Lots of people make their own wine and beer tho

Comment

lots of people grow their own pot too, but it's still illegal in the US.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

what is the point your trying to make? thats exactly it, making something illegal doesnt stop people from doing it, you have just agreed with me

Comment

I think I get it , space, you are for alcohol being very accessible and advertised to the masses as something great and some of us are not.

Comment

spacebebe01;1313980 wrote: it is about the money with alcohol but then again our government UK makes a fortune of tobacco as well, so maybe not. Alcohol advertising and glamourising should to be banned and education about the dangers of what AL and what it can do to you in smaller amounts. People only seem to think alcohol is bad for drunks and is fine for everyone regardless of the fact that they drink more than government safe guidelines.
                          Today 11:47 AM
                          looking for peace I think I get it , space, you are for alcohol being very accessible and advertised to the masses as something great and some of us are not.

Comment

Gawd I'm confused...
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipplerette;1316819 wrote: Gawd I'm confused...
                              You and me both Tippy. I say we let this thread RIP!
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

RIP:H

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X